• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help identify a WWII rifle?

Toast

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 9, 2011
    So Cal
    Can someone tell me what the top rifle is? Its hanging in the National WWII museum in New Orleans. If you haven't been there, go. Thanks in advance.
    314s9i1.jpg

I was in there earlier - excellent museum, with the small exception that the descriptions of the exhibits don't always match laterally with the exhibits. This is one of these - the rifle description is below and to the side of the rifle itself.

Did you see the two MoH? And Jack Lucas's exhibit?

Another question - in looking through both the Atlantic and Pacific, I saw Springfields and Garands, M1 carbines, and even a collapsible M1 carbine, but no Enfields. Was the use not prolific enough to be included in an exhibit or is there just not such an example in the museum's inventory?

Yes, I saw the MoH's. First time I've seen a real one. I thought I saw an Enfield or two in the European theater. The 4D movie was great. You get driven over by a Tiger Tank. They drop the nose of a B-17 out of the ceiling in front of the screen and the flash of the Atom bomb was blinding. Next stop, WWI museum in KC.