Gunsmithing Help identifying action

gamma

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2009
Can anyone tell me what model this Mauser is. Its called a Parker Hale midland but its a mauser action. I want to put a new stock on it for a client and need to know exactly what Im ordering. Its a .308 and appears to be a long action.
100_0192.jpg

rgg_7

Private
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2009
Re: Help identifying action

It's a Parker Hale Midland 2100 action. I don't know of any after market stock that is a drop in. You can modify a commerical 98 to fit. I've done this with a synthetic and bedded. Worked great! Ron

chpprguy

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2004
Los Alamos NM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rgg_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a Parker Hale Midland 2100 action. I don't know of any after market stock that is a drop in. You can modify a commerical 98 to fit. I've done this with a synthetic and bedded. Worked great! Ron </div></div>

+1 the triggers are nice, but big compared to a stock mauser, that will probably take the most inletting (in the rear tang area), other wise I believe the action itself is the same as a standard 98

rgg_7

Private
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2009

Can you post a picture of the bolt stop. The Mauser stock will work if there's enough "meat" around the rear tang to accommodate the side safety. Can I ask what is wrong with the current stock? Ron

doc76251

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2003
Virginia Beach, VA

When you swap stocks, I'd be interested in the old one should the customer not have any further use for it.

Cheers,

Doc

gamma

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2009

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rgg_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Can I ask what is wrong with the current stock? Ron </div></div>
If you look at the forend, its got a very flat underside thats giving him trouble when he's set up to shoot off a set of sticks. He wants something a little more rounder. I was hoping the Boyds stock for some of the Mausers might get him out.
100_0190.jpg

gamma

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2009

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you swap stocks, I'd be interested in the old one should the customer not have any further use for it.

Cheers,

Doc </div></div>
If I get him sorted Id say there wouldnt be a problem there.

rgg_7

Private
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2009

Forend can easily be reshaped to a rounded profile. Most likely the cheapest and best option for your customer. Custom stocks, even with a lower end semi inletted blank can chew up your wallet in a hurry. Ron

doc76251

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2003
Virginia Beach, VA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikki</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you swap stocks, I'd be interested in the old one should the customer not have any further use for it.

Cheers,

Doc </div></div>
If I get him sorted Id say there wouldnt be a problem there. </div></div>

Standing by.

Cheers,

Doc