• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

help looking for a good 22lr bolt gun for kids

*greenhorn*

Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
Daytona, Fl
their so many, im looking for a good bolt gun for my daughters, dont want to spend too much but looking for good accuracy. was looking at a savage in walmart today. it retailed for 137.99 i believe it was a mk2?? i think.

i can always buy them a crickett but thell grow out of it pretty quick so looking for something little better

Re: help looking for a good 22lr bolt gun for kids

people say good things bout all the savage mkii's. i just picked up mine last night. a lot of aftermarket parts too if you want to change stock or something later on.

That should work fine Cowboy. Those mkii are accurate enough to have fun with.

Don't bother with a cricket.. She will outgrow it witin six months to a year.. We have a few Savages mark I for our club Juniors Matches & they all seem to handle them better than some of the older " CMP Rifles " with longer stocks & Heavier Barrels.. The Mark II would be a fine choice, for any Junior/High School Age +.

IMG_3542.jpg

Savages next to CMP Rifles.

102310021.jpg

My Junior Snipers (4-H Club ).

JP

The Savage Mark II Stock is on the small side so it works well with young kids. Probably 10 and older unless they are big and strong for their age.

nope they 8 and 6 got the mkII and will hopefully take them out today Happy New year

You won't go wrong with the Savage MkII. I have one with the accu-trigger and the best five shot group I have got out of it is .480" at fifty yards. That is off the bench. I love mine and it is as easy to clean as any other bolt action gun.

The " CZ " have a funcky Safety, compared to most others..

JP

Another vote for Savage. They are twice the gun than the cricket is for less money. I bought the Cub which is the small one for my boy but he is still a toddler.

Definently going with the mark II because even if they decide to not like shooting you still get to shoot a great gun for cheap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CZ Scout is the most accurate youth rifle. </div></div>

I got one of these for my son. It comes with a 5 round magazine and another magazine that makes it single shot. He and I both love it. He has since out grown it, but it was a great rifle to learn on. Some pics of him with it from a few years ago:

He had a broken arm from a bike accident, thus the use of the bipod:
P1000828.jpg

Him winning a dollar off of me from betting he couldn't hit all 5 spinning tragets without missing :):
P1000843.jpg

P1000825.jpg