• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Help me build a cheap 223 bolt gun!

That's kinda what I figured, as I'd have hopped on one in a heartbeat if they were already for sale...

Looks like they are available in the UK also.

Strange that US doesn't have them as I was under the impression all AT-X chassis are made in the USA by Win Tactical.

Reactions: MarinePMI
How cheap is cheap? What bullets are you going to be shooting? Definately not enough info here.

I’d buy one of those new 8 twist 700’s in the SPS tactical threaded flavor and drop it in a KRG. I almost bought one recently but went with a custom switch barrel setup instead.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
If you like to tinker, anything rem 700 platform will have unlimited options, if you want an outa the box rifle, tikka it any flavor you prefer. I have an older t3 ultralite in stainless .223 that i dropped in a GRS bifrost stock. Running fiocci 50grn thqt my lgs have a sale on it is boringly easy to achieve sub moa, and Never any type of malfunction or issue

Looks like they are available in the UK also.

Strange that US doesn't have them as I was under the impression all AT-X chassis are made in the USA by Win Tactical.
Crap. My wallet is starting to feel lighter already...

Reactions: beetroot
Need to change the title to “help me find a ctr tikka 223”. Thread had me looking forward to a CTR, but prices of what I’m finding are steep. Any leads from the fine folks reading this???

Need to change the title to “help me find a ctr tikka 223”. Thread had me looking forward to a CTR, but prices of what I’m finding are steep. Any leads from the fine folks reading this???

They haven’t imported any for like 2 years and there’s no ETA on when they will. Tikka sucks like that. Unless you get lucky and find a used one I’d take that option off the table.

They haven’t imported any for like 2 years and there’s no ETA on when they will.
FYI - .223 Tikkas are in production at least annually or semi-annually. And they are typically in stock around the same time each year. EurOptics typically gets a whole container full sometime in Sep-Dec timeframe. Every year. I've seen 8 variations of .223 SKUs that in stock this year (CTR 20/24" , CTR ss 20/24", TAC A1 20/24", Varmit bued 24, Super Varmit SS 24").

The only problem for the OP is that time just recently past, so pickings maybe slim for another 6m+.

FYI - .223 Tikkas are in production at least annually or semi-annually. And they are typically in stock around the same time each year. EurOptics typically gets a whole container full sometime in Sep-Dec timeframe. Every year. I've seen 8 variations of .223 SKUs that in stock this year (CTR 20/24" , CTR ss 20/24", TAC A1 20/24", Varmit bued 24, Super Varmit SS 24").

The only problem for the OP is that time just recently past, so pickings maybe slim for another 6m+.

No, they haven’t. I’ve been on the notify list for the SS CTR’s since last summer. I was talking to Jason recently and he said they haven’t gotten CTR 223’s in 2 years and there’s no current plans for any more. He said he was going to ask the Tikka guys when they’re here for training but he said even if they do we wouldn’t see any this year.

No, they haven’t. I’ve been on the notify list for the SS CTR’s since last summer.
They typically come in stock after black friday and before new years. It does EuroOptic no favours to tell you this right now since you are just going to be angry and pissed off.

I would go with this:

1680373204695.png

They typically come in stock after black friday and before new years. It does EuroOptic no favours to tell you this right now since you are just going to be angry and pissed off.

You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. What part of they haven’t gotten any in two years and there’s no ETA or import plans don’t you get.

I couldn’t give a fuck less if they import more. I’ve got an Altus 223 proof CF prefit sitting here and I’m picking up my impact tomorrow so I don’t need one.

I bought a 223 CTR from eurooptic in February of 2022...I think you have bad info

Reactions: ma smith
You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. What part of they haven’t gotten any in two years and there’s no ETA or import plans don’t you get.

And please don't shoot the messenger. As noted earlier in the thread, various .223 CTRs were in stock at EO various times last year. Here is some documented proof, found via using the search function.

Feb 7, 2022, showing Q4 2021 shipment.
Aug 28, 2022 showing Q3/Q4 2022 shipment
Jan 18, 2023 Showing Q4 2022/Q1 2023 shipment
I purchased mine about 3 weeks ago from EURO OPTIC……good luck

Got mine about a month ago from EO. Keep checking. I was checking every couple days for about a year before they finally got some.

And I never got notified even though i was on the email list.

EURO OPTIC,, shows CTR 223,,,if they are not all gone… fyi,, Charlie112

20" 223 CTR, MDT mags, KRG Bravo, Bushy MP. Still haven't shot it :eek:
YEmlAHw.jpg

I'd +1 the Tikka option if you find one. They're great guns for the $.

If not, and you might consider going to a bigger caliber down the line, the Origin is a great action for the $ as mentioned above.

I'd spend the $ for a thick Bartlein barrel regardless of caliber, even .223.

Good action, good trigger, and replace barrel as needed.

KRG Bravo for a cheapie stock that works great but lightweight to start.

If you’re dead set on a Tikka I would just keep an eye open for any 223 Tikka action, not necessarily for a complete CTR/etc. They’re really hard to come by unless you catch one of the distributors at the right time.

Bud’s had a couple of the Super Varmints 223s available a couple months back. I was in the market for one and ended up with a “custom” Tikka 223, but again, it was just what was available at the time.