• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Help me choose my nightforce

TAKDRIVEN

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2009
DALLAS, TX
I'm having trouble deciding between the 8/32 or the 5/22. Is the 8/32 overkill? Which would you all choose?

Re: Help me choose my nightforce

I'm going for long range. I have a R700P in 300win mag and I would like to see how far I can push it.

Go 5.5-22. Has more than enough magnification and has twice as much internal elevation so you have the adjustments to reach out as far as the 300WM will reach.

just make sure the knobs and reticle match, I have a NPR1 5.5-22x50, MOA was a mistake, i'm going all MIL for now on.

What are you using the scope for if you hunt with it what is wrong with M.O.A. Is the Scope for sale I am needing ONE . thanks<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just make sure the knobs and reticle match, I have a NPR1 5.5-22x50, MOA was a mistake, i'm going all MIL for now on. </div></div>

5.5-22 is plenty for most applications. I have one 8-32 scope, and most of the time, I shoot on the lowest setting, as I seem to do with most of my scopes anymore. The Nightforce scopes have thin crosshairs also, so you don't have to worry about obsturcting your target if it is faily small, thus you really don't need the extra magnification.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: single shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are you using the scope for if you hunt with it what is wrong with M.O.A. Is the Scope for sale I am needing ONE . thanks<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just make sure the knobs and reticle match, I have a NPR1 5.5-22x50, MOA was a mistake, i'm going all MIL for now on. </div></div> </div></div>

MOA Milradian are just measures of angles, MOA is a finer adjustment, but Mils are uniform across the world, every military snipers in the free world is trained in Mils, both work, both can be used to great effect, but IMHO Mils is an easier system to work with.

An 8x32 is very specialized.
Can you live with the 8 power at the low end?
If your new to the game you most likely are not going to go directly to 1500 yards so try something that should work and most likely if you change your mind someone on the forum would gladly buy.

So how about a...
5.5x22x56 MLR Mil nobs with zero stop

I really like mine and would like to buy yours if you do not like it at a discount.