• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Help me choose some hunting electronics!

PatrickChewing

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 28, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    Hey Guys and Gals,

Hunting season is coming soon and I need to replace/upgrade my two way radios. Me and my hunting buddy have been using some Motorolas for about 6 to 7 years and have liked them but are open to alternatives.

Can someone reccomend me a new pair? My upper price range would be around $200.

Thank you all in advance!
    PC

Re: Help me choose some hunting electronics!

I picked up a Garmin Rino 530HCx this year and I'm really happy with it. I hunt with family, and they all have Rino 130's... it's really nice to be able to not only have radios, but at any time you can look at the map and see where everyone in your party is located too.

The 530HCx is a little above your price range, but you should be able to find one of the other Rino models for less than $200.

More info here: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=146

Re: Help me choose some hunting electronics!

we have used handheld VHF marine radios for years. on flat or almost flat ground you can expect around a 5 mile range. batteries last an entire day, weather radio built in, water proof. we find them very hard to beat. some of the newer ones even have fm/am radio built in as well