• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help me decide on a chassis please

ronnielee54

Private
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2012
Arkansas
I am in need of some help making a decision. I just traded for a new CZ 457 Varmint 22 LR. I have narrowed my choices down to either the KRG Bravo or the MDT XRS. The only chassis I have ever owned was an Oryx. I know that I don't want to go that route again. As far as ergonomics go, they appear to be pretty close. I'm mainly looking for the one that would have the least issues as far as fitment and feeding. Would also like to hear about any other problems with either one. Thanks for your help.

Not a CZ, but I'm running KRG Bravos on both my Vudoo and my Kidd Super Grade. They are not identical in every sense but they have the same "feel" which makes is easier to switch between the two platforms.

Since you're talking about the 457 you obviously don't have to worry about left handed chassis' but I went with the Bravo because it was the only thing available in left handed immediately when I built my Vudoo. I do not feel that I "settled" for the Bravo and would recommend it to others with my left handed affliction.

Good luck and keep us posted of your path(s).

Don

As is the usual case, when asking a question on a forum. But another option may be the XLR Element. I put my son's 457 in an Element chassis and it's been completely trouble free.

Reactions: XLR Industries
I personally like the KRG setups as it gets cold here, and it's nice to have a layer of polymer between your hand and the metal chassis backbone. My T1X is in a Bravo, and my T3X is in a X-Ray.

It looks like I will more than likely get the KRG Bravo. Can't argue with the price point. Thanks for the input.

I just picked up an XLR element 4.0 for my Bergara B14r. They are having a sale now and are offering a great deal. I think it’s worth considering for sure.

5378A07B-0E3F-4806-8273-DBEABA0446A8.jpeg

I just picked up an XLR element 4.0 for my Bergara B14r. They are having a sale now and are offering a great deal. I think it’s worth considering for sure.

View attachment 7747313
That’s a great price point. I like that it has arca rail. I like that the weight can be adjusted to 22lb. If I ever go to chassis I would consider this. The oryx you need to buy their arca rail which turned me off.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
I am in need of some help making a decision. I just traded for a new CZ 457 Varmint 22 LR. I have narrowed my choices down to either the KRG Bravo or the MDT XRS. The only chassis I have ever owned was an Oryx. I know that I don't want to go that route again. As far as ergonomics go, they appear to be pretty close. I'm mainly looking for the one that would have the least issues as far as fitment and feeding. Would also like to hear about any other problems with either one. Thanks for your help.
Curious as to what you didn't like about the Oryx chassis?

View attachment 7747313
Curious, did you actually get one or a shipping date? Looked like there were some long lead times to fill orders.

KRG is running a Decmber Christmas sale right now. They are offering free shipping on all stock orders.

Curious, did you actually get one or a shipping date? Looked like there were some long lead times to fill orders.
Yeah. I got the email yesterday. 12-18 week lead time. Didn’t know when I ordered. That’s a long time. It’s going on my B14R which is now sitting in a box and I guess it will just sit a while. Certainly a bit disappointing but that’s life I guess

Yeah. I got the email yesterday. 12-18 week lead time. Didn’t know when I ordered. That’s a long time. It’s going on my B14R which is now sitting in a box and I guess it will just sit a while. Certainly a bit disappointing but that’s life I guess
Ouch! Sorry guy. I was all set to order one for my CZ 457 myself but noticed the old lead time statement ( from June) at the last second. I wondered if that que had been cleared yet. Reasoning I didn't really "need" the 4.0 upgrades, I ended up ordering the last XLR 3.0 for the 457 showing at Optics Planet. It came in this week and to my surprise it was actually the 4.0 model . Not sure what happened there but I guess I lucked out for once.

p.s. It's a nice chassis and will be worth the wait.

Last edited:
Curious as to what you didn't like about the Oryx chassis?
It's not that I didn't like it. I had it on a Savage Mark II TR and it was the most affordable option I could find ($400). Now that have CZ more options at that price point are available. I personally like the looks of the Bravo and XRS better. Nothing wrong at all with the Oryx.

Reactions: WeeHooker
It's not that I didn't like it. I had it on a Savage Mark II TR and it was the most affordable option I could find ($400). Now that have CZ more options at that price point are available. I personally like the looks of the Bravo and XRS better. Nothing wrong at all with the Oryx.
Ah, I see. Long story short, I ordered both the XLR and Oryx for my 457 build this past Black Friday sale. I figured at the price I paid, I'd try both and sell off the 2nd place finisher (here). Now that they are both have been delivered, I'm having trouble deciding. Both have some really nice features.

Ah, I see. Long story short, I ordered both the XLR and Oryx for my 457 build this past Black Friday sale. I figured at the price I paid, I'd try both and sell off the 2nd place finisher (here). Now that they are both have been delivered, I'm having trouble deciding. Both have some really nice features.
If you keep the Oryx and your interested in an MDT vertical grip I can make you a deal on one. I sold the Savage with the Oryx and put the original grip back on it. I had planned to put the vertical grip on a 22 AR I built for target shooting and realized it won't work on an AR lower. Kind of disappointed because I really liked the grip.

If you keep the Oryx and your interested in an MDT vertical grip I can make you a deal on one. I sold the Savage with the Oryx and put the original grip back on it. I had planned to put the vertical grip on a 22 AR I built for target shooting and realized it won't work on an AR lower. Kind of disappointed because I really liked the grip.
Feel free to shoot me a PM with price.

Anyone have experience and thoughts to share about the PDC Custom chassis?

They have a good reputation but when I contacted the owner via FB a few weeks back he messaged " I try to keep lead times to 7-9 weeks but right now I am swamped" I just didn't want to wait for that long. I went with a XLR 4.0 that was in stock.

Last edited:

My experience with them was I sent multiple emails, left a couple of voicemails, even resorted to Facebook messages and they didn’t respond to any of them. So I moved on and have bought several XLR and MPA chassis instead

They have a good reputation but when I contacted the owner via FB a few weeks back he messaged " I try to keep lead times to 7-9 weeks but right now I am swamped" I just didn't want to wait for that long. I went with a XLR 4.0 that was in stock.

My experience with them was I sent multiple emails, left a couple of voicemails, even resorted to Facebook messages and they didn’t respond to any of them. So I moved on and have bought several XLR and MPA chassis instead

Thank you for the responses.

concerning PDC Customs - I ordered a Chassis from him. Communication was never a problem. Yes, it took awhile for the chassis to come in, however, he did tell me it would be a while (12 weeks) before he could get it to me. I'm not one bit disappointed with my wait for the product he made me.

Attachments

• #1 in PDC.jpg
    #1 in PDC.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 132
  • #2 PDC.jpg
    #2 PDC.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 147
  • #3 PDC.jpg
    #3 PDC.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: Bean and WeeHooker