• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help me decide on a spotting scope

Tikka_taca1

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
I have a redfield rampage 20-60x80, it’s actually pretty nice but I have went to prs match and a bench rest/prone match and see pretty much vortex spotters their.

This last match I went to, the benchrest/prone I got to use my spotter at 1k yards and honestly was pretty impressed with my redfield but thought about upgrading to a Leupold sx-4 20-60x85, id like to avoid vortex spotting scopes is their anything else 700-1100 that’s really good ?

also looking for a nice heavy duty tripod as well

If a guy is willing to shop used, great quality glass can be had for a very good price.

Last edited:
I have several really nice spotting scopes, but I honestly think that at a regular, tactical steel match (not an ELR match) a set of good binos is superior and easier on the eyes for two days straight. The wide field of view is much nicer on stages where the targets are spread out too. Lots of stages it's a real pain to have to pan a monocular.

I think you might be better served by sticking with that spotter you have and getting a set of good binos and a mount for your tripod. That is IF spotting at a match is your main aim...

Just a thought.