• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

help me decide what 22 rifle to get

futurerider103

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2011
Springfield Mo
I'm really looking for educated responces and openions please. I'm looking into 4 diff rifles. I'm looking at the savage Mark IIFV, the Savage 64TRSR, Marlin 795 or the rugger 10/22(target with bull barrel or get basic 10/22 with aftermarket bull barrel)
I currently have a savage model 62 with a BSA Sweet 22 My savage is shooting between just smaller than quarter sized groupings at 50yds but 100yrds that goes to 3-4in groupings so I just want better 100yrd groupings.
I'm not looking to get a diff scope or anything just a little friendly competition with friends so I'd like to be a bit more accurate

Re: help me decide what 22 rifle to get

This question would likely be better posed in the Rimfire section of the forum instead of in the Bear Pit. There is a wealth of good information in the Rimfire section of the forum, as well as a long history of "this vs. that" type threads for folks considering new rifles/setups. Take a read through that section and try the search function linked to in my sig line below.

Additionally, given the nature of your question, you may have even better luck trying your question at somewhere like Rimfirecentral.com, etc.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php

Good luck on your quest for a new rimfire rifle!

P.S. - And just to complicate your search...DO NOT overlook the CZ rimfires which are known performers!!
wink.gif

I too am looking at the Marlin 795. Looked at one at Scheel's a few weeks ago. Seems real solid. Got a $25 off sale coming soon and I think I'm gonna pick it up.

I own a Marlin 795 and love it. No complaints whatsoever with that rifle. No where near as fancy as a custom Ruger 10/22, but it feels nice when the ruger guys come up to you asking what kind if rifle is that because you're not missing any steel targets under 100 yards. I personally just use tech-sights on it as it is just for plinking but its a lazer. For $150 or less, you really can't go wrong. Good luck.