• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help me find my next rifle.

Eli17L

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2020
New Mexico
I need to spend some money this month and would like an AR10 in 6.5 CM! I think...
It would be nice if it was lighter than my DPMS SASS in .308 as I have acreage that I play on and like to clime up hills with rifle, thermos, and dog and find things that need shooting and I would like to terrorize a few coyotes up to 800 yds and ring steel further out. I do sometimes do some climbing with it so being able to get knocked around is important.
I find that the SASS has become a safe queen do to weight and a bad back and the wind is always blowing and shifting so I thought to step up from the AR15 in 556 as I blame all misses on the wind currently.
Any suggestions on what I should get and is available?
Or do I need something like a 6.5 Grendel if I want to hike around with it. I don't want to surrender to age and rely on the jeep yet.
I was thinking a 5k budget total but that isn't firm lightweight and wind defeating accuracy is the goal.
We are at 5500 feet hot and windy most of the time.
The seekins SP10 looks good but at 10lbs maybe not
Do I need to surrender the thought and go bolt?
Thanks you guys will save me some money as I am in BFE and I have safes full of things I bought that I thought I would like that I never use.
Sorry rambling at my desk avoiding my work.

I've got a DD5 v2 m-loc I'll sell ya. email is: [email protected] It's really not that heavy. Just put a light glass on it and your good to go. I'm loving my Leupold 6x42 these days. Light and bright.

naw, 308. 18" barrel and 1-10 twist. To get the full advantage for the 6.5 you'll need a pretty long barrel. That equals weight.

But I have a few 18" .308s...
But I don't have a DD and it is almost 2 lbs lighter...

Definitely look into the newest DD in 6.5. Those cold hammer forged barrels are nice and as far as I know DD makes everything in house. I think they are running some good deals this month!