• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

help me make a decision...

Picked up my RPR and installed the PRS. Now I’m trying to decide on glass and rings.

For rings it’s more of a 1 or 2 piece decision.

When it comes to glass the short list is Nikon Black FX1000, Vortex PST Gen 2 or Nightforce SHV.

Then of course the usual MOA vs MIl decision.

Picked up my RPR and installed the PRS. Now I’m trying to decide on glass and rings.

When it comes to glass the short list is Nikon Black FX1000, Vortex PST Gen 2 or Nightforce SHV.

I purchased the Nikon and while I havent used the NF or Vortex, I got the Nikon on sale for $570 shipped...with its feature list it just cant be beat at that price.

I put a Vortex Razor HD gen 1 on mine with a one piece LaRue mount. I couldn’t be happier. Moa all the way for me.

I don’t blame you, for that price it would be an easy decision!!
i was looking at all the scopes you listed as well, pretty seriously was considering the NF...i even received a defective FX1000 from the get go, ghost click in the windage turret, SportOptics is replacing no questions asked am Im still extremely happy with my decision. Very clear glass and feature rich.

i was looking at all the scopes you listed as well, pretty seriously was considering the NF...i even received a defective FX1000 from the get go, ghost click in the windage turret, SportOptics is replacing no questions asked am Im still extremely happy with my decision. Very clear glass and feature rich.

How about the reticle? Looking at it online it looks like the center aiming point is pretty crowded?

If you are still looking I have an fx1000 4-16 mil for sale 600 shipped with a level and she signatire rings. 550 without rings

I’m looking for higher magnification but may I ask why you are getting rid of it?

Its a spare i have a second on my match rifle. I like it for the extra internal adjustment. I use it in prs competitions and have had no problems with the reticle. Subtensions have been solid to 1200 from what ive done. Tracking has been great also. If i didnt have 2 of them and down to 1 match rifle id be keeping it. I had one in moa before i started prs on a hunting rifle. I actual prefer the 16 power. Even when i ran an xtrii 5-25 i stayed under the 18 power range. Not sure why just never needed 25 power

Well, I'm back with an update here. Finally made a decision, I was fortunate enough to up my budget a bit,

Just purchased a Bergara LRP in 6.5 creedmoor! I'm extremely excited and it's my first true precision rifle. I'm in CA and I had to order it, can't start paperwork until it's in hand in the store so probably gonna be about 2-3 weeks before I have it. So this will be my first time set up:

Bergara LRP
Nikon FX1000 4-16x50
Badger Ordnance rings
Harris bipod

Will post pics when I have her!

Here is the rifle as it sits currently!

Attachments

• 20190323_092954-01.jpeg
    20190323_092954-01.jpeg
    428.9 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: Steel head