• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes HELP ME??? Mt my NF...

groundhogbuster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2012
Western NC
I just got my NF NXS HS ZS 3-15x50mm with Vel 1000 ret, for my 260 Beanland build, and I thought I was ready to mt my scope. I had purchased 2 sets of rings, 1 set of Talley Tactical High for a GAP10 build, and a set of int. PRI rings. I haven't even considered the Talleys that's why their on the PX to trade. I loosely put the PRI's on the 20 moa base, and put my scope on, and it sits about 1/4" off the MTU brrl. I did the penny trick on my rail to see if I could get it any lower, and even though I have to remove the front bikini cover, I can get away with a low NF. (.290" to bottom of ring) and still have room for a BC flip up. My problem is I paid $90 for the PRI's and $164 for the Talleys, and now out of cash. What's you guy's opinion on the height of the optic off the barrel? I just hate having em too high, for cheek placement, but don't wanna get it too low. Gonna be an F class, and Hunting rig.

It would probably be fine with a triad cheek piece, I just always try to get them as low as possible. I just don't know if another $165 to get a better cheek weld, or get the pack, and say the heck with it.

I have a couple Triad stock packs. One with a single 'filler strip' installed and get great position behind my NF 15x on a Varmint style HS stock. Less gap but low comb.
You should be able to achieve a good position with that pack and appropriate filler. Pack is handy too.