• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help Me Name my Rottweiler Puppy

Name it

Dildoponè

And then go back to your office Fed and try again next time.

Reactions: cbright
Dio... It's been 10yrs since he passed.

Picture 006.jpg

Be careful with whatever name you pick. From a friends experience....

I have a boxer pit combo named Ruger, great name because only the gun friendly people can put the 2 together.

I've had Rottweilers most of my Adult life. Past names have been Jaeger, Otto, and Attila.
I've reserved a puppy from Carrabba Haus Rottweilers, and will be flying to New York to pick up our puppy in the next 4-6 weeks.
I have yet to decide on a name. Right now, I'm considering Ruger or Mauser.

Suggestions for German names???
Pickles
Bruce
Willy
Roger
Tiny
Lug nut
Doodle
Doug
Slappy
Smurf
Bart
Walter
HK (but he will hate you)
Slim
Brusier
Gus
Stay
Spot
Spike
Stinky
Vader
Magnum
Blue
Eleanor

And my favorite

el conquistador deamorè

I had a friend in high school who had an english first name and hispanic last name and I asked him why that was so.

He answered, "My name is Paco Pedro Raul Manuel Ortiz. But you can call me Steve."

I had a friend with a Rottie named Kegger because he liked beer out of a keg. And if you went through a drive-through, you had to get him a cheeseburger.

Another time, about 13 years ago, I helped SSRR (Southern States Rottweiler Rescue) re-home a dog who's owner was a victim of the 2008 recession and could no longer afford his medicine and diet. He left his home in Austin, Texas. I picked him up in Lancaster, south of Dallas. Took the next two legs and transferred him in New Boston, just west of Texarkana. In 2 hours. With a gas stop. "Eastbound and down, loaded up and truckin...."

He was in his new home in Memphis, Tennessee by 7:30 that evening. His name was Shadow, same as my dog, whom I kept at home.

I’ve had three Rottweilers over the years. My last one passed away in 2009 from bone cancer at the age of nine. His name was Odin.

Reactions: Bender
Love Rotties. Grew up with a few. Amazing family dogs, good watch dogs, and the best lap dogs. I would love to get one again, but our house is too small for a large dog breed in addition to the kids…maybe I should just give away one of the kids…

I don’t have any good suggestions on German based names, but my favorite Rottie name has always been Carl (taken from one of my favorite childhood books, “Good Dog, Carl”).

I've had Rottweilers most of my Adult life. Past names have been Jaeger, Otto, and Attila.
I've reserved a puppy from Carrabba Haus Rottweilers, and will be flying to New York to pick up our puppy in the next 4-6 weeks.

My last dog was put down due to bone cancer. I would be honored if you called your dog after him , his name was Bullet . another coincidence I got another dog and his name is Ruger.

My GSD puppy is Odin, my labs registered name is smoothbore caliber, but he goes by gauge. I like Loki for a dog name.

Snowball

Love Rotties. Grew up with a few. Amazing family dogs, good watch dogs, and the best lap dogs. I would love to get one again, but our house is too small for a large dog breed in addition to the kids…maybe I should just give away one of the kids…

I don’t have any good suggestions on German based names, but my favorite Rottie name has always been Carl (taken from one of my favorite childhood books, “Good Dog, Carl”).
This was my suggestion to the GlowP’s same question on another forum. If I ever get another male dog, it will be a Rottie named Carl for this reason.

• Love
Reactions: Anb618
Anyone who cant name a dog on their own clearly isnt bright enough to have one around.

Give that dog to an owner that won't consult a forum dedicated to long range accuracy to name their fucking dog.

Why's everybody so cranky tonight? :p

Jeez, this is the pit after all, even if the OP was flexing a bit with that comment about flying to New York to pick up the pup - not going to be so easy to tell him "go be poor somewhere else" now! :ROFLMAO:

I'll throw "Kaiser" into the hat - plenty German without any overt connection to that little Austrian meth-head AH.

Has no one summoned @TheGerman yet?

Rotweiller names from the Motherland should both be right up his alley. We’ll sprinkle in some U-boat and NODs discussion to keep him engaged.

Fire.
So you can run around yelling fire.
Unless you live near the ocean, then Shark.

"Schvance"
"Slobber"
Hugo
Max
Bulleit
Pappy
Shep
Dave, but only if he's stupid, the type that'll shit on the rug & go, "Hey, look what I did!"
Schotzie
Liebshon
Fergus
Angus
Rotty McRotface
Stinky
Kong
Hay-soos (as in, "Jesus gonna getcha!")
Pedro
Fat Ass
Boris
Lug Nut
The Kraken
Sweetie
Schittzeug
Viking
Schwartz
Yoder
Zook
Hermann
Donald
Santos
Shiv
Shank
Tanker
Gunnar
Ivan
Klepto
Theis
Axel
Bruno
Dolf
Fritz
Gortch
Heiko
Heinie
Stud
Killer
Johann
Mannheim
Knorr
Valhalla
Fat Bastard
Doofus
Messer
Chopper
Shrek
Gevehr
Waffen
Feldwebel
Oberst
Hans
Dieter
Pietr
Drool/Droolio
Kurt
Abraten (to warn)
Abscheulich (abominable)
Bigfoot
Aschlaugh (asshole)
Abschuss (launch rocket/shoot down)
Kilo
Klick
Schlaffer (sleeper)

Last edited:
Reactions: cbright
Better pick something. I couldnt decide on a name for my last female rottie and my ex wife started calling her muffin. It stuck

• Haha
Reactions: 338dude
Has no one summoned @TheGerman yet?

Rotweiller names from the Motherland should both be right up his alley. We’ll sprinkle in some U-boat and NODs discussion to keep him engaged.
Dafuq? What is this shit? EVERYONE knows it is referred to as Das Vaterland.

Reactions: Anb618
first folks i knew that had one-early 70s- named him "omen" after the movie. got my boy and did the same since i had no original thoughts. had him 13 years. still miss him. looks like a very fine breeder that hasn't helped ruin the breed like most. the 130lbers you see on youtube piss me off. creates bad hips,elbows,immune systems and hearts. watch conan the barbarian. those 2 in early scenes are what a rott should be.

Reactions: Im2bent