• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Help me pick a 45 acp can

justme

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
I want something good that will work on my Glock 21 with a Factory threaded barrel and my Kriss Vector , both 45cal..

Both are threaded M16 X 1 LH

I would like something light weight, something I will be able to take apart and clean, and something I won't have replace wipe's all the time

What should I take a look at and what features should I be looking for ???????

Thanks in advance

My first 2 cans are still in jail

I have an Octane 45HD that I run on a CZ P09 9mm and a CZ scorpion 9mm.

You can't take it apart and clean it and it doesn't use wipes. I'm very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going forth... your not going to have to worry about wipes any more. As they have been deem illegal.

That seems a little strange because I looked at the Dead Air Ghost M and it has replaceable wipes

Rugged Obsidian is a pretty sweet can, love mine. Use it on an FNX-45 Tac, and a VP9 with the SiCo threaded barrel, performs great on both. Breaks down easy for cleaning and it is modular so you can take about 2" off the end and shed a few ounces of weight, performance in the short configuration isn't all that far off from the long.

Another vote for the Rugged Obsidian. The only reason I went with it over the Ghost was that the Obsidian baffles are all stainless so I can throw them all in the ultrasonic cleaner. The front module baffles on the Ghost are aluminum so it requires to be cleaned by hand. If you plan to shoot the short configuration all the time, then it may not matter.

Going forth... your not going to have to worry about wipes any more. As they have been deem illegal.

Not quite. Wipes are illegal to sell, but you can make your own replacements. 1.2" OD x .75" ID x 1/8" thick neoprene with a durometer of 65 is the spec for the Ghost wipe. Neoprene washers that meet the spec are available on Amazon.

Capitol Armory has the TiRant 45 on sale right now for $350. That's DAMNED tough to beat.... Certainly the best bang (or in this case, pffft) for the buck.

Not quite. Wipes are illegal to sell, but you can make your own replacements. 1.2" OD x .75" ID x 1/8" thick neoprene with a durometer of 65 is the spec for the Ghost wipe. Neoprene washers that meet the spec are available on Amazon.

Per the article and ruling, Wipes are considered baffles now. Which per BATFE you can Not at any time have extras just laying around !

What’s the impact of all this?

To start, at least one currently manufactured line of silencers is now illegal. That’s a whole lot of time and money spent by Dead Air to bring a product to market which they thought followed the rules but is now completely useless. It also leaves Dead Air’s customers in a bind, since those who purchased this silencer (and any extra wipes) may unknowingly be committing felonies simply by owning the extra wipes. And possibly any other silicone based materials they might have laying around.

Griffin Armament Rev 45 or Resistance 45. I always run my 9mm can in the k version. DA Ghost and Obsidian would be my next choices

Scott

I have had my AAC Tirant-45 for about 4 years and put many thousands of rounds through it. 9mm, 45, and a lot of time on my PCCs same calibers. User serviceable and fairly light. I am not affiliated but these guys have them on sale for $350....less than half of what I paid. Yes, there is the new modular version to consider, but this is a pretty good deal IMHO.

http://www.capitolarmory.com/advance...essor-671.html

ZY

Best 45 can out there is the Rugged Obsidian hands down. I have a gemtech lunar and dead air ghost as well. They all have their edges but the clear winner is always the Obsidian. I've also run the sig, gemtech gm-45, aac, silencerco (all of them) and I'd still buy a second Obsidian before those.

Per the article and ruling, Wipes are considered baffles now. Which per BATFE you can Not at any time have extras just laying around !

What’s the impact of all this?

To start, at least one currently manufactured line of silencers is now illegal. That’s a whole lot of time and money spent by Dead Air to bring a product to market which they thought followed the rules but is now completely useless. It also leaves Dead Air’s customers in a bind, since those who purchased this silencer (and any extra wipes) may unknowingly be committing felonies simply by owning the extra wipes. And possibly any other silicone based materials they might have laying around.

It doesn't make the design that uses wipe illegal. The ruling simply means that it's no longer a user replaceable part (like end cap), but a "silencer part" (like a baffle). Like you said you can't buy wipes from Dead Air, but your can can be sent back to have wipe replaced. I'm not sure about purchase (on Amazon) and replace it yourself part since I'm not a lawyer so won't comment on that.

Best 45 can out there is the Rugged Obsidian hands down. I have a gemtech lunar and dead air ghost as well. They all have their edges but the clear winner is always the Obsidian. I've also run the sig, gemtech gm-45, aac, silencerco (all of them) and I'd still buy a second Obsidian before those.

Not argueing but I'd be curious as to what specifically you like over the other cans. I've been looking at the Sig and silencerco osprey 45 cans.

Not argueing but I'd be curious as to what specifically you like over the other cans. I've been looking at the Sig and silencerco osprey 45 cans.

Shorter, lighter, full auto rated, modular, and quieter. The designer used to work for sico so it uses some framiliar parts like the piston which is interchangeable with sico ones.

Not true. They are just "not replaceable in the field" have to be sent to an 07/02 to replace them. But they surely aren't illegal. Amazon has all kinds of rubber washers lol. The ghost is still crazy quiet without the wipes. The obsidian is really nice too. Dead Air's customer support is hard to beat. Great guys building great products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've decided on the Rugged Obsidian but I'm sure any of the cans listed above would make me happy.

Thanks again for the help