• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Help me upgrade my AIAT

WiSluggo

Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
I have had my SFP AT for about a year now and love it, but it is currently sporting a viper pst and I am considering an upgrade.

I dont shoot competiviely and will sometimes shoot out to 600 yards. I primarily shoot for accuracy and because I love reloading.

I am considering either a gen 2 razor or a S&B PMii. Clearly there is a price difference, but part of me is drawn to the S&B just because it's more scope than I'll ever need and I rather buy once and cry once.

I am turning to the collective wisdom of this group for your thoughts on what would make the most sense for me and my needs. Any advice would be appreciated.

I love everything about my Gen II Razor except for the weight.

Have you considered the Vortex AMG?

Attachments

• IMG_3466.jpg
    IMG_3466.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 20
Here is my logic with the SB: it's $2800 new and the razor is maybe $2400. What I am wrestling with is the $400 difference seems to be worth it for the fact its a SB with the new 20 year warranty.

Isnt the amg really hard hard to come by?

The S&B is not just" more then you need" it is the best, in my option! I have had more or less all the major companies out there. How ever I always go back to S&B! Currently I am using a 5-25 and 3-27 S&B as well as having 2 gen 2 vortex and a bushnell ers. To my eyes there is nothing nicer or better made the the S&B

like you said buy once cry once!

Now that mile mile high has some S&B on sale get one as well as a sphur mount and you are set until something comes out that makes my vision back to 20/10!

Reactions: WiSluggo
The 20 year warranty still doesn't compare to vortex's. I can't literally drive nails with my S&B and get a new one. however, $400 extra for a $2500 optic isn't that much in the spectrum of time. I'd go S&B, if down the road you change your mind, trade it for a Gen 2 and some boot.

I use a night force ATACR, you can get a demo one from eurooptic for a pretty good price too. Also the 1st "real" scope i have looked through. The resolution blew my mind away. More food for thought.

I agree with everyone else that recommends S&B. There's a reason why every scope is compared to it. It is an outstanding scope. The only scope I believe that beats it marginally is my Premier Heritage 5x25. I own both and keep going back to these two scopes. I also own a Nightforce F1, Vortex Gen II, and Kahles K624i and love all of them. The glass are all equivalent in my opinion, but the S&B and premier are my personal favorites. You cannot go wrong with the Vortex gen 2 either. It will probably boil down to reticle choices.

I have owned a few PMII's, a Gen II Razor, 2 Hensoldts, several NXS, 4 DMR's, K624I, 2 or3 Zeiss Diavari's, USO's, and currently have a 5-25 and a 4-16 ATACR F1 just to name a few. With that being said the ATACR F1 is my favortite. If you could get a warranty on the S&B like Bushnell, NF, or Vortex then I would still be shooting a PMII or at least still own one. Also if Hensoldt (the old Zeiss Hensoldt) would have offered a better reticle I would definitely still own one warranty be damned. I enjoyed shooting the Hensoldts I owned more than any other scope, but damn a mil-dot is useless and the NH1 is retarded.

Lots of good options, hard to go wrong...

S&B at 2800. Is what I paid for mine in 2009.a DT CCW model. Is a really nice scope. Spend the extra 400!!! I have nothing against Vortex but they just don't have the pop of german glass

I absolutely love my Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27. I've never looked through an S&B but the Razor is awesome. The EBR-2C reticle is sweet. I feel I can get very precise using the small open center of that reticle....But given your choices, you can't really lose here. Good situation to be in....

Get a Tangent Theta! Blows S&B out the water! Haha
Between the 2 you are considering I would personally go Vortex. Glass is 95% of what S&B is, but the ebr2c is much better than anything S&B offers imo. And the lifetime warranty is amazing, because even if it's your fault you're covered. Made me feel really good when I dropped my razor like an idiot and bent the ocular housing. Fixed no questions asked.

Covert is as Covert does.

Plenty of good feedback on the scout site.

I had both for a brief time with the intent on selling one. The S&B was sold. I liked the Vortex package more. But there is know doubt, they are both GREAT optics.