• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help needed! Vortex PST Gen2 5-25 or Meopro Optika6 4.5-27?

Thanks for the zero stop details. I’ll be using them for sure. Once I get the scope (on lay-by) I will post pics on the rifle and first shots.

Reactions: bman940
I’ve gone with the optika 6 and now have it mounted on 260/308 switch Barrel. The image quality looks very clear at all power settings and hoping to get the rifle sighted and barrel run in this weekend. Will be able to take it out to 500m this weekend hopefully.
B02B11AC-7CC5-47A0-882D-21A01AA9ECFD.jpeg
31E8F3DA-F915-4FE8-9EE7-5CC87C9CF310.jpeg

I have put over $1000 in ammo under my 4.5-27 and 5-30x56, both sitting on 6.5 CM Bergara rifles.

Hey bman940,
would you mind compare this two?

Is there a (big) difference between them, aka, is the 5-30 any better than the 4.5-27?

How far and how much adjustment do you need, 115 MOA on the 5-30 and 88 MOA on the 4.7-27. The 34 mm tube allows for a lot more adjustment and a little wider field of view. I have both scopes sitting on 6.5 CM's and couldn't be happier. I will be moving the 5-30 to a Surgeon rifle .308 that should really let me stretch out the yards with plenty of adjustment. Worth it is up to you, do you need all of that MOA? I imagine you are going to use a 20MOA rail too? That bumps your adjustment up even more. If I had the 2 in front of me and I had to buy 1, I would choose the 5-30x56 just because I know later on I'll wish I had. I have the MRAd reticle for both of mine. Accuracy, reliability, and repeatability, no issues at all in over a year. I hope this info helps? Bart

I've had good luck with my PST Gen II 5x25x50, haven't looked thru the Optika 6, so can't compare. Even with my old eyes, I feel the glass is quite clear/sharp, out to 600 yds. Can't say about farther distances, but, I think it will do well. My tracking test, was pretty spot on, even tho I had to tweek my click value slightly for elevation on my ballistic app., but, my return to "0", was spot on. I've got over
2500 rnds. thru it at this point in time, and have had no issues with it. Just wish it was a bit shorter, it eats up a lot of rail. Mac

Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56

Can please somebody tell me the dia at the objective with the lens covers on it?
:)

pst 2 5-25 is hard to beat for the $$.
It's impossible to beat for the money. I just got another one that's new and was thinking about selling it and putting a ZCO on instead (which is what I almost got for this gun to begin with) but it's pretty damn good so I haven't done anything yet. Can't beat it for that money.