• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Help needed with protein supplement

Jmilera

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Gents I need help from some of you hefty guys. I just went through surgery for repair of a hiatal hernia, the doctor said he had to remove 2/3 of my stomach then I got an intestinal obstruction. After two weeks on clear liquids and one more to look forward to; I need to have some liquid protein in high concentrations. My doctor said I could find them on the net but I can't seem to find a reputable one. I have lost fifty pounds in two weeks. I can only drink about 5-10 cc every 15-20 minutes. So I need a highly concentrated protein supplement with low volume in liquid form.
Thanks gents
Joe

Re: Help needed with protein supplement

try truenutrition.com , specifically the lean beef amino's. 6 grams per tablespoon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigfug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">try truenutrition.com , specifically the lean beef amino's. 6 grams per tablespoon. </div></div>

this exactly !!
the LBA's are so easily digested and absorbed that the 5 g is not the same as 5 g from whey protein , you would actuly need to take in about 15 g of whey protein to get the same amount of protein into your system as if you took 5g of LBA's and they taste good !!

next option would be drinking liquid eggwhites , it's fine to do I drink a quart a day for the last 2 years , add a coue table spoons of LBA's to them to add some flavor and you have a great amino profile.

the LBA's are liquid and mix easly in any liquid , my wife add chocolate or vinilla to her coffee each morning

here is a link
http://www.truenutrition.com/p-1015-lean-beef-aminos-next-gen-lbas-32oz.aspx

You might also look at Muscle Milk. Very good stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: topgun99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You might also look at Muscle Milk. Very good stuff. </div></div>

you have to be careful with some protein powders and ready to drink shakes because they advertise 100% whey but alot of times it's whey concentrate which in an inferior protein than whey isolate. The concentrate is not as easly digested and causes gas and cramps sometimes.
the ready to drink musclemilk shakes taste great but cramp my stomach so badly

if you can tolerate it then by all means use it

I only use the powder in water or as an occasional treat skim milk...the ready made bottles from the store taste like crap. Never had any issues with bloating or gas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: topgun99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only use the powder in water or as an occasional treat skim milk...the ready made bottles from the store taste like crap. Never had any issues with bloating or gas. </div></div>

I use Progenex. http://www.progenexusa.com/default.aspx I don't do crossfit but a lot of crossfit guys swear by it. So do a lot of professional athletes. Since they don't sponsor them you won't see any advertisement except for the stories on their website. I use the chocolate and it is pretty tasty.

TRUENUTRITION!!!

team skip with protease enzyme and vit and min.
I just got done ordering another 5 pounds of the stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Finris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TRUENUTRITION!!!

team skip with protease enzyme and vit and min.
I just got done ordering another 5 pounds of the stuff. </div></div>

Team skip is great stuff , three differant proteins in one , works a great post workout or meals replacement with a couple tablspoons of honey and a hand full of almonds

You might want to try a collagen form of protein supplement.

Go to Immunitionltd.com and check out his hydrolyzed collagen. It is very concentrated and does NOT make you bloated in any way. I use it everyday as do most of my clients.

Thanks gents,
I have been drinking whole milk along with Pure Whey 45 and eggs. I have maintained my weight and now it is time to try and bulk up. Thankfully I am able to eat protein in the form of meat also, but I can only tolerate venison. Probably because of the low fat content, so I am off today to kill some axis does in Benavidez county wwwaaaayyyy down in south Texas. Thanks for all the imput guys. Later
Joe M.

Protein supplements are mostly required to develop the muscles and and maintain good physical health.
It will be more preferable to take natural protein diet such as milk, yogurt, eggs, fish, cheese, and green vegetables for the better muscles building.

im going to do +4 on true nutrition as well, great service, they always give u extra, use my code to get 5% off

ONG180

You wan to look for something slow digesting like Intek Evolution protein. It has a few different types of protein and Is relatively cheap even when buying in bulk. I use it and it works wonders

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SgtCochran</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You wan to look for something slow digesting like Intek Evolution protein. It has a few different types of protein and Is relatively cheap even when buying in bulk. I use it and it works wonders </div></div>

if he is missing some of his digestive tract (2/3 of his stomach) then what would lead you to believe that he would need a protein that digest slower?

logic would tell you that you need a faster easily digested and quickly absorbed protein source