• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help picking lpvo

mi223

Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
West Michigan
I am shopping for a mid to higher end lpvo. I am not looking for a featherweight but I would like to stay light as possible. Durability is also high on my priority list as I plan for this to ride around in my truck with me from day to day.

So far I on the higher end I have been looking at

Razor gen 2 and gen 2e pretty much the standard that others are compared to

Sign tango 6. Not really sure what to think of this

Eotech voodoo. I really like the scope but all the reviews talk about illumination being sub par.

On the lower end I keep coming back to vortex pst gen 2 at 600 dollars. Or Steiner p4xi 1-4 at roughly the same or Maybe slightly more. If the Steiner was a 1-6 I think it would be a no brainer but I am struggling with the idea Of a 1-4 at its price point.

What else am I missing. I would like to stay under a grand but also not willing to settle for something sub par.

I wish I could but I am not willing to spend gen 3 or atacr money.

Thanks for Any help

I know you deal with the Steiner scope. How do you think they compair?

I have to be honest, these small time / unheard of optic companies make me nervous. It may not be justified but nervous none the less.
The SAI 6™ 1-6x24mmis from Armament the people that brought us Tangent Theta. Not a small time company.

The Steiner P4Xi 1-4x24 is a great scope and has been a quality go to for quite some time. Just thought you'd appreciate a superior option in a 1-6

Have a look at the Delta Stryker and Trijicon credo hx. The SAI looks really interesting and has been getting good reviews but I don't think the illumination is daylight bright. That doesn't matter to me but for some it's a deal breaker.

Have a look at the Delta Stryker and Trijicon credo hx. The SAI looks really interesting and has been getting good reviews but I don't think the illumination is daylight bright. That doesn't matter to me but for some it's a deal breaker.
Trijicon is definitely on my radar. They just haven't sold me at their price point.

The razor is really making this hard for me. At its price point I have a hard time getting something else. The weight is my biggest holdup. Like I said not looking for a feather light but damn they are pigs.

Trijicon is definitely on my radar. They just haven't sold me at their price point.

The razor is really making this hard for me. At its price point I have a hard time getting something else. The weight is my biggest holdup. Like I said not looking for a feather light but damn they are pigs.
K16i can be found in the $1400-$1600 range 2nd hand.

If your looking at the credo 1-6 the led hx model is the one with the daylight bright dot. The Delta Stryker is very similar and probably comes off the same production line. People were getting Strykers for 650$ but idk if that's still a thing. The Stryker, Credo, and I would assume the razor are made by the same company in Japan.

If your looking at the credo 1-6 the led hx model is the one with the daylight bright dot. The Delta Stryker is very similar and probably comes off the same production line. People were getting Strykers for 650$ but idk if that's still a thing. The Stryker, Credo, and I would assume the razor are made by the same company in Japan.
So the sfp with bdc reticles have a a daylight bright dot? Although not as important on a sfp.

From what I see the ffp with the segmented circle reticle are not very bright. It looks like the reticle is very hard to see at 1x. The segmented circle reticle is bad ass but the couple videos I watched wasn't very impressive.

I have this. It’s badass. Reticle is awesome. Glass incredibly clear. Also 12% off right now.

So the sfp with bdc reticles have a a daylight bright dot? Although not as important on a sfp.

From what I see the ffp with the segmented circle reticle are not very bright. It looks like the reticle is very hard to see at 1x. The segmented circle reticle is bad ass but the couple videos I watched wasn't very impressive.

The sfp hx with led dot is the daylight bright one. From my understanding the ffp one is not.

We've been selling a decent amount of the Delta Stryker 1-6. The dot is insanely bright, same Japanese build quality you see in other high-end brands, and the price point is unbeatable. If you want one, shoot us a DM and we'll make it an even sweeter deal.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
Have to say I have a Credo, couple of other Trijicon scopes too, and their glass is really nice, definitely suggest giving them a good look.

I have heard good things about the Athlon Ares 1-10 but if good illumination is a must the reviews seem to say it is just OK. Looks to be a good DMR scope though.

As always, the Steiner 1-4 is amazing.

As always, the Steiner 1-4 is amazing.
I've been following this thread because I have a .308 self loader that shoots way better than expected, so want a bit more top end. I think. Maybe I am wrong.

It now has a Steiner Military 1-4x24 Rapid Dot. It goes nicely with my Steiner Military 4-16 on the bolt gun, I like the glass, the dot, the exposed turret, etc. I haven't moved on a purchase as other things first, but also wondering if I am fooling myself. What does jumping to 6 or 8 do for you really? If I don't keep at similar quality, is it all pointless to get more magnification anyway? Etc. I don't know what I don't know here really.

We've been selling a decent amount of the Delta Stryker 1-6. The dot is insanely bright, same Japanese build quality you see in other high-end brands, and the price point is unbeatable. If you want one, shoot us a DM and we'll make it an even sweeter deal.

That looks interesting

So today I stopped at a local gun store and they had a eotech voodoo 1-8 sfp. They have it stickered for 879. I didn't know that they made a 1-8 and when I look online the 1-8 is much harder to find. I like the reticle and the dot seemed quite brite although it was a rainy day.

I am thinking I am going to go this route. It checks all the boxes and the extra magnification is a bonus.

No love for the Razor 1-10x?
I'm seeing a lot of them on the used market. Could be buyer's remorse.

I honestly can't see spending that kind of money for an extra 2X over what you can do with a lot of 8X scopes at a substantial savings, like the Primary Arms scope that was mentioned.

I'm seeing a lot of them on the used market. Could be buyer's remorse.

I honestly can't see spending that kind of money for an extra 2X over what you can do with a lot of 8X scopes at a substantial savings, like the Primary Arms scope that was mentioned.

It’s only $2K.

It seems to me that it is a question of priorities. I was once concerned by the weight of the razor. It seems that the issue is overblown. The gen2e is 21-22 oz's. The kahles 1-6 is around 18 and the steiner 17. If the rifle is mainly riding in the truck, how is weight a big issue? Are you planning on long hikes etc? Is it just a tag along on your drives? Is it needed to do varmint control? If so, what critters at what range? Do you need a 1-8 or is it just a gun for up close issues? What type of reticle works best for you?

I have the gen2e, the kahles and 2 of the steiners. I have others. My favorite is the steiner by far. I like the reticle the best and the illumination is great. The glass and eyebox are very good. It weighs less and I have rarely used the scope beyond 3 power in the field. I have one on a competition AR and another on a general purpose AR. With that said, I really am most impressed with the razor and the weight is a non issue. It has great glass, illumination and eyebox and goes to 6 power. The magnification ring is stiff. I did send it to vortex and they did something to make it a bit better, but it is still stiff, even with the switch-view. I had it on a competition AR, but rarely turned it up to 3-4 power, so switched it for the steiner. I really like the JM1 reticle. It now rides on a general purpose AR.

The kahles is my least favorite. I have thought about selling it. I just don't like it. Yet, all the reviews claim it is the best 1-6. I hate the reticle. SM1. It just doesn't work for me. The illumination is weak and I do not like the control. The glass and eyebox are great. The magnification lever is smooth. I really do need to sell it. The reviews on the internet got the better of me and I had to have one.

So, it is a matter of priorities and being honest with yourself as to how you really will be using the scope. Bottom line for me was I need to like the reticle and I like a simple duplex type with a simple BDC ret. Next was the eyebox, glass, illumination, then weight.

Just some thoughts, YMMV

Cheers, Steve

It seems to me that it is a question of priorities. I was once concerned by the weight of the razor. It seems that the issue is overblown. The gen2e is 21-22 oz's. The kahles 1-6 is around 18 and the steiner 17. If the rifle is mainly riding in the truck, how is weight a big issue? Are you planning on long hikes etc? Is it just a tag along on your drives? Is it needed to do varmint control? If so, what critters at what range? Do you need a 1-8 or is it just a gun for up close issues? What type of reticle works best for you?

I have the gen2e, the kahles and 2 of the steiners. I have others. My favorite is the steiner by far. I like the reticle the best and the illumination is great. The glass and eyebox are very good. It weighs less and I have rarely used the scope beyond 3 power in the field. I have one on a competition AR and another on a general purpose AR. With that said, I really am most impressed with the razor and the weight is a non issue. It has great glass, illumination and eyebox and goes to 6 power. The magnification ring is stiff. I did send it to vortex and they did something to make it a bit better, but it is still stiff, even with the switch-view. I had it on a competition AR, but rarely turned it up to 3-4 power, so switched it for the steiner. I really like the JM1 reticle. It now rides on a general purpose AR.

The kahles is my least favorite. I have thought about selling it. I just don't like it. Yet, all the reviews claim it is the best 1-6. I hate the reticle. SM1. It just doesn't work for me. The illumination is weak and I do not like the control. The glass and eyebox are great. The magnification lever is smooth. I really do need to sell it. The reviews on the internet got the better of me and I had to have one.

So, it is a matter of priorities and being honest with yourself as to how you really will be using the scope. Bottom line for me was I need to like the reticle and I like a simple duplex type with a simple BDC ret. Next was the eyebox, glass, illumination, then weight.

Just some thoughts, YMMV

Cheers, Steve
There is a lot of great points in here.

I did pick up an eotech Vudu 1-8 this morning. It was a little easier on my budget at just over 900 and I like the extra top end for varmint control in a feild. You are probably right about the weight of a razor. Honestly I was probably looking for any excuse not to spend the extra money lol.

I am shopping for a mount now. What do you guys recommend for a great bang for the buck mount. Under 100 would be great but I would be willing to spend up to 200 for something good

I am shopping for a mount now. What do you guys recommend for a great bang for the buck mount. Under 100 would be great but I would be willing to spend up to 200 for something good
I have used JP, LaRue, Scalarworks, and ADM. The ADM is probably the best bang for the buck, and you can find them on the used market for around $150.

I have used various mounts for the AR with a LPVO. I am not big on saving money on my mounts. Generally, for a one piece mount on the AR, I favor the Nightforce and badger.

Cheers, Steve

I have this. It’s badass. Reticle is awesome. Glass incredibly clear. Also 12% off right now.

I’ve had this for a few years and love it (I have the ACSS version). I’ve abused it in 3gun heavy (308) matches and I’ve taken it pig hunting. I have a ZCO on my bolt gun so I’m familiar with high-end, and I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything with the PA Platinum 1-8 on my AR.