• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Help Please Vortex Viper PST 6-24X50

A.Cassaro

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
The title says it all I need some help? I have a Savage 112 BVSS 300 Win Mag, and I just changed out the scope I had on it to a Viper PST 6-24X50 After sighting it in at 100 yards I tried to put the zero stop shims in and thr elevation is so high I ran out of shims. This can't be right.. I only have 1 and a 1/2 full turns of elevation left befor it tops out. I got to be doing somthing wrong.. This scope is mounted on Weaver Grand Slam 2 peice bases, Leupold PRW 30mm rings.

What am I doing wrong here?

Any help would be great

thanks

Angelo <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

Re: Help Please Vortex Viper PST 6-24X50

sounds like you need a 20 or 30 MOA base.

Raises the back of the scope up essentially, Should give you more elevation on your scope. Get a 1 piece badge, NF, or other quality base and call it a day.

After I replaced my 0moa base on my 110fcp with a 30 moa base I regretted not getting the 40moa base!! because Im still loosing alot of elevation on my Razor. Sounds like the bases on savages sit on a slightly different plane compared to others. I would get the 30moa base, I had EGW make me a 30.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcrich</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After I replaced my 0moa base on my 110fcp with a 30 moa base I regretted not getting the 40moa base!! because Im still loosing alot of elevation on my Razor. Sounds like the bases on savages sit on a slightly different plane compared to others. I would get the 30moa base, I had EGW make me a 30. </div></div>

I tried a 30moa on one of my 300WM's and it put it up high enough I didn't have enough downs to zero the rifle even at 200 yards.

Poke, yeah it all depends on how much elevation your scope has. The PST'S have something like 65moa (i think) 20moa base should do you good.