• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help Scope the New Vudoo

I'm looking to run the same set up. Which Spuhr mount did you go with? 20 moa on my v-22. Did you have any problems getting the parallax down to 25 yards or the spent shells hitting the bottom of the mount. I can't find a AMG with ebr-7b with an moa reticle in stock anywhere!
I ordered a MIL from camera land NY it only took a couple weeks to get. I thought I saw they had one in stock the other day.

I'm planning on an AMG on mine in ARC rings

I'm looking to run the same set up. Which Spuhr mount did you go with? 20 moa on my v-22. Did you have any problems getting the parallax down to 25 yards or the spent shells hitting the bottom of the mount. I can't find a AMG with ebr-7b with an moa reticle in stock anywhere!

I have a 0 MOA Spuhr mount and the 20 MOA base on the Vudoo. No problem getting to 25 yards or further out. Also no issue with ejected shells. Mine is the 1.18" height.

mcvyIlm.jpg

18".

Last edited:
I'll take a look at the mount tomorrow, I don't remember the model, but I use the 20MOA rail with 0MOA mount. 25 yards is no problem, my first Vortex and I'm liking it. All my NF are going back on my CF rifles.

MB

What Vortex did you go with?
DW

What length and contour barrel did you go with?

20" i wanted 22 but they only do up to 20s its their MTU contour.. I measured barrel breech its 1.20 tappered to 880 thats much closer to m24 to me

Last edited:
20" i wanted 22 but they only do up to 20s its their MTU contour.. I measured barrel breech its 1.20 tappered to 880 thats much closer to m24 for me

20" is what I want. Add a suppressor and it is basically 26" like my match rifle.

20" is what I want. Add a suppressor and it is basically 26" like my match rifle.
Im pretty sure its part of vudoo intention is for suppressor. Paul did tell me that after 20" powder already completely burnt and longer barrel give no advantage anymore.. I choosed their max length coz suppressor makes our hawaii governor scared :)

I'll take a look at the mount tomorrow, I don't remember the model, but I use the 20MOA rail with 0MOA mount. 25 yards is no problem, my first Vortex and I'm liking it. All my NF are going back on my CF rifles.

MB

What do you think of the eyebox on the AMG? I tried one and it seemed really tight compared to PMII I had on another rifle. Optical quality was very good...maybe not as much pop as SB, but resolution seemed equivalent. I've since gotten an ATACR and I feel like it's more forgiving at 35x than the AMG was at max power. I'm asking because I really love the 7B reticle, and I don't think anybody has turrets/zero stop that match Vortex right now. Maybe I should take a look again......

I have an AMG on my match rifle, yeah the eye box is a little on the tight side. But it doesn't bother me I have gotten used to it. My daughter shoots it occasionally and she is able to get behind it pretty quick. That 7B is really nice!

What do you think of the eyebox on the AMG? I tried one and it seemed really tight compared to PMII I had on another rifle. Optical quality was very good...maybe not as much pop as SB, but resolution seemed equivalent. I've since gotten an ATACR and I feel like it's more forgiving at 35x than the AMG was at max power. I'm asking because I really love the 7B reticle, and I don't think anybody has turrets/zero stop that match Vortex right now. Maybe I should take a look again......

It's a bit more sensitive than what I'm accustomed to in the ATACR and S&Bs. However, I really like the AMG, haven't spent enough time behind it yet, but haven't found anything I don't like.

MB

I’m getting ready to order a barreled action myself but I was thinking about going a different direction with my setup. Do y’all think I would be doing this rifle a disservice by throwing a fixed parallax nx8 on it?

I’m getting ready to order a barreled action myself but I was thinking about going a different direction with my setup. Do y’all think I would be doing this rifle a disservice by throwing a fixed parallax nx8 on it?

I'd be interested what direction you'd go with this barreled action that a 1-8x scope would be your choice??? Don't know if I would say you're doing it a disservice, but that optic probably wouldn't be my first choice for realizing the accuracy potential of the rifle. 125m fixed parallax on that scope also wouldn't make it my first pick for a rimfire.

I was thinking ultra light squirrel rifle, manners eh4, not sure what the lightest contour they offer is yet... but if I’m being honest I’ll probably be using it for target shooting most of the time. I guess I just don’t want to end up with a 12 - 15 lb 22lr. Thanks for the reply, I think I still need to decide what I ultimatly want out of this build. Either that or order 2!

I've thought about ordering another V22 action & building a much lighter semi-sporter with it. My V22 is almost as heavy as my jelrod-converted 40X & XB rifles with 26" sendero contour bbls, which run very close to 14lbs. in tactical stocks with adjustable cheekpieces. I went with a Manners Tactical Elite T4A for the V22, and set the bbl length at 22", but stayed with the Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56 scope like the 40Xs have. Right now, I'm thinking it'd be sweet to have a V22 that's as accurate as the heavy one, but weighs 8.5-9lbs, w/scope. Something like a Bartlein #2B bbl in a Manners EH2 stock would be a good start, but I might need to go with a 1" scope to keep weight from climbing above 9lbs.

Is the delivery time on the Vudoo's as reliable as they are saying (6 - 8 weeks)?

Check mike high they have some barreled actions in stock at times. If they Have one you can have them stick it in a chassis the same time

Vudoo seems to suggest 20" barrels. I was checking out BBTI, Ballistics By The Inch, and it seems that 22 inch barrels get the most velocity out of most .22LR ammo. Do you not want that? Wouldn't you want to get the most velocity out of the load? New to this, so not sure.

With precision 22lr you want to make sure the ammo stays subsonic. If it goes super Sonic it almost immediately goes transonic, making the bullet unstable. At least that's the way I understand it, could be wrong...

was going to put this somewhere else but you mentioned the sightron have you looked at the sv's 10x50x60 34mm around $2069 ish and maybe for a bit less the delta stryker saw a few 5x50x56 34mm for $1,560 delta with hd glass saw video sightron had same glass in s3 models but new turrets and 34mm tube not sure if that is worth 2k but it may be and option. and i can say my s3 works nicely at 50m its a nice clear picture could only assume that the delta would be nicer specially since its better glass.

I was thinking ultra light squirrel rifle, manners eh4, not sure what the lightest contour they offer is yet... but if I’m being honest I’ll probably be using it for target shooting most of the time. I guess I just don’t want to end up with a 12 - 15 lb 22lr. Thanks for the reply, I think I still need to decide what I ultimatly want out of this build. Either that or order 2!
I wouldn't call mine ultralight. Just got it and it is an 18" spectre sitting in a Rem 700 lefthand wood stock while I wait for a Mcmillan. Currently without scope it weighs in at 7.5 pounds. So 9 pounds or under should be easy.

Reactions: BootyLord
I wouldn't call mine ultralight. Just got it and it is an 18" spectre sitting in a Rem 700 lefthand wood stock while I wait for a Mcmillan. Currently without scope it weighs in at 7.5 pounds. So 9 pounds or under should be easy.
Dropped the barreled action into my son's Mcmillan Edge Classic with PTG bottom metal and it came in at 6.75 pounds without a scope. Can't wait for Mcmillan to get mine done.

Need a little help on the ultimate scope for the new Vudoo. Its on its way! My first thought is the 10-50x Sightron I have. No doubt it will get tasked testing the rifle however I'm not sure its the best fit moving forward. I am looking for a do-all scope that will allow me to compete well in just about any match format. I have yet to shoot any of the PRS 22 matches but its on the list.

Guess I am looking for something that will let me watch bullets going in the same hole at 50/100 and have parallax that will dial down below 20 yards. My concern with the Sightron is that it might have too much low end magnification not really understanding the PRS format. I don't have a handle on target size and distances especially on the nearside. No doubt with 22's off the bench I like cranking up the power as the conditions allow. I'm not sure I would be happy maxing in the mid 20x range.

This rifle deserves a really nice piece of glass and I would hate to overlook something so thoughts are appreciated.

I think your Sightron would be fine. I'm not PRS 22 match shooter, no matches near me, too old for all the up and down. I am a long time long ranger center shooter. I have shot 1000yds and 600 yds benchrest, 500 yds EggShoots, and steel matches out to 1200 yds.
I am now shooting long range rimfire steel matches out to 200yds. For me I don't like FFP scope. I don't like the Reticle getting bigger as the power goes up. I know it's keeps the mils the same. For the shooting I do, I click for dead center hold. I will use hash marks for holdover and wind. I like a lot of power in a scope, 20x would be mim. for me. For PRS you don't use the higher power scope, there is a lot of movement and not so stable shooting setups.

Your 2 scope post below, may be the way to go.

I have a Sightron S3 8x32 on my Kidd Supergrade, a Nightforce 8x32 on my Tikka T1X, and just ordered a Athlon 10 x 40 Argos BTR for My CZ 455 Varmint. I can turn the power down, but I can't turn it up if I don't have it.

Mark

So folks can confirm that AMG's have no issues focusing/parallax at 25Y?

That makes the choice more complicated if so. I really would like to see an XTR III eventually as well.

QUOTE="MarkCZ, post: 7538022, member: 122143"]I think your Sightron would be fine. I'm not PRS 22 match shooter, no matches near me, too old for all the up and down. I am a long time long ranger center shooter. I have shot 1000yds and 600 yds benchrest, 500 yds EggShoots, and steel matches out to 1200 yds.
I am now shooting long range rimfire steel matches out to 200yds. For me I don't like FFP scope. I don't like the Reticle getting bigger as the power goes up. I know it's keeps the mils the same. For the shooting I do, I click for dead center hold. I will use hash marks for holdover and wind. I like a lot of power in a scope, 20x would be mim. for me. For PRS you don't use the higher power scope, there is a lot of movement and not so stable shooting setups.[/QUOTE]

Marks comments are valid and highlights how hard it is to set up a do everything rifle. For target shooting accuracy only with no or long time limits, the higher power scopes and 2FP are great and I see a lot of guys with the 10-50x Sightron on their rimfire paper punchers. PRS is different, It favors practical accuracy and speed over precision or max power. It requires the ability to reliably dial up and down the full range of the optic with confidence. I use a 6-26x FFP optic for PRS because I can dial up/dwn the power and the hold over with the recticle stays the same regardless. I rarely dial it up above 10-15x because I need to be able to quickly acquire a 5" or 6" steel tgt at 200-300y and hit it and it does not matter if the hit is in the center-x or the 6-o'clock edge as long as it goes "Dink". Since I am usually very limited on time, the advange gained by the extra power is not enough to matter and the small accuracy penalty of the cross hairs getting big and fat at max power is not enough to matter on 9 out of 10 stages. Some of the FFP recticles are much better than others and if that is an issue for you, I would plan on getting one of the best Vortex, NightForce, Kahles optics like the K624i. There are cheaper options but since you bought the Vudoo, you already decided to not go cheap.

Reactions: MarkCZ
i ended going with a 5-25 gen 2 viper for mine. almost went with dback tac or athlon tho