• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Help spec out a western states nv setup

coues7

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2007
White Mountains AZ
After much disappointment with the bhs-xr I think the better choice would have been to get a nv setup from the get-go. This is what I'm thinking:
1. Pvs-14
2. Team Wendy helmet
3. Nortoros INVG mount
4. Flir ps32
5. Dbal (not sure which one)
6. Eagletac T200c2 ir
7. Princeton tec charge pro

I think this should cover me out to 250yds point and shoot

Thoughts?

Last edited:
coues,

looks like a pretty good set up! Do yourself a favor, get yourself a PEQ-15 over the DBAL.

After much disappointment with the bhs-xr I think the better choice would have been to get a nv setup from the get-go. This is what I'm thinking:
1. Pvs-14
2. Team Wendy helmet
3. Nortoros INVG mount
4. Flir ps32
5. Dbal (not sure which one)
6. Eagletac T200c2 ir

I think this should cover me out to 250yds point and shoot

Thoughts?

Being a native of Nevada and now living in Idaho May I suggest the following

1. Pvs-14
2. Team Wendy helmet
3. Nortoros INVG mount.
4. Insight X320 (it takes normal batteries and you can put germanium 2x and 3 Xmagnifiers on it)
5. Dbal (not sure which one) (there are many to chose from)
6. Eagletac T200c2 ir

And that will do ya

Give us a call, we can make some fine tuning suggestions.

coues,

looks like a pretty good set up! Do yourself a favor, get yourself a PEQ-15 over the DBAL.

He's probably looking for a laser that wont get confiscated by DHS for being stolen from the military, and one that will do everything the PEQ will do (minus lassoing targets for hellfire strikes, which a DBAL will do that too) and be 1/3 the cost.

I have and use exactly what you have listed and it will work great at night, get the DBAL-D2, the Illuminator is to die for....I have shot a coon at my feeder at 175 yards with that exact setup....so I would say you've got it made out past two hundred yards. It does take some time to learn how to shoot off an IR laser, but once you learn how, the coyotes won't know what hit them....!

TNVC has the LDI neutral density filter to put over the 0.7mW IR laser on the DBAL-D2 and turn it into a 0.1mW IR laser so you do not have to use the IR Illuminator on close up shots where the laser blooms like mad.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply skypup. I am apt to be happier with the Dbal-d2 vs the Dbal-i2 and the torch pro? Which helmet mount do you prefer? I was recommended a Wilcox L4g24. Any thoughts there?