• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with .308 Sig

zgilbert

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2008
Rincon,GA
Hey guys I just dropped some green on a new 716 and now I need help spending more money. What would be a good scope for that rifle. I don't want to spend too much so try to keep it under $400. I like the thoughts of a 1-4x type scope, because I dont need long range(that is what my bolt gun is for). Does anyone know where I can pickup 4 mags for the thing that won't break the bank either. I don't care what they are or what they look like as long as they function and hold 20 rounds. Thanks for all the advise. And I know buy once cry once!

The Leupold 1.25x4 would be in the power range and near the price range(before a mount) to suit your needs.The firedot reticle is also a nice feature and it also shuts off after a period of inactivity and then goes back on with motion saving the battery.

Vortex PST 1-4x, it is amazing.

I agree. I have 2 vortex scopes the PST 1-4 is one of them. Have had it on 3 different rifles in 3 different calibers. It has found it's home on a smith and wesson m&p 10.At least Until I buy another vortex scope. I might swap them around again after that.

Burris Mtac 1-4 or 1.5-6 with the Pepr mount is right around your price range and I like them alot.

As far as mags, keep browsing the net and checking around. Pmags can be found but are not plentiful

just my opinion as a fellow SIG 716 owner but I think if you go with a 1-4 power scope you will fail to achieve all that is possible with the inherent accuracy of the 716. I would save a little more coin and get a variable higher power in at least the 10X range. I have a Vortex Viper PST 4-16X550 FFP scope on mine.