• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with a BCG

cundiff5535

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2012
Mokena IL
Hey gents, I am just about to order a BCG for an AR build... I was pretty much sold on the Bravo Co. BCG but then, started talking to a few folks about Fail Zero. I understand that the Boron coating is only helpful in cleaning but, I am a bigtime aesthetics guy. I read a few reviews on Brownells about these and reviews were hit or miss... some great, some terrible

I guess what I am looking for is... is what do you all think/recommend in terms of a BCG.

If I want the Chrome/Boron coated one, what would I go with?

I understand 99% of you folks are going to say, just buy the BCM. If thats the case, please say so but, I also want you to tell me what your thoughts on what the "next best"... would be (Next best would have to be Chrome/Boron coated since, I already know that the BCM is the best overall/non Chrome one:).

That will allow me to compare for myself and make the decision as to what I am looking for!

Thanks

Re: Help with a BCG

Young Manufacturing--First choice.

I own BCM, Spikes, PSA, RRA, Bushy, DPMS and sold my FailZero.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cundiff5535</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I understand 99% of you folks are going to say

Thanks </div></div>

you have your answer, are you going to ignore the 99% and go with the 1%?

in that case go with the DPMS - now you have the 1%

I ordered my BCG from White Oak Armament. White Oak seems to be regarded as the top tier for AR parts and AR barrels and so forth.

If you buy a barrel from them for a small fee they also headspace a bolt for you.

Heath

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George63</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cundiff5535</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I understand 99% of you folks are going to say

Thanks </div></div>

you have your answer, are you going to ignore the 99% and go with the 1%?

in that case go with the DPMS - now you have the 1%</div></div>

Lol... thanks for slapping me in the face. Maybe I need that:)