• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help with glass for my LMT 308/6.5

snipe10

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
Colorado
I have a LMT MWS with two barrels, one in 308, the other in 6.5 Creed, and I need some glass. I have a line on Kahles but don't know whether to get the 3-12x50 or 6-24x56. Most of my shooting will probably be with the 308 barrel but when shooting the 6.5, I know I'll need the 6-24. Is the 6-24x56 too much glass for a 308?
Thanks for the help.

Im using the NF ATACR on mine. exact same set up as yours.

8e7y7ejy.jpg

Works great.

if it is a dedicated scope to that rifle and you are using for spotting or seeing your rounds after impact on steel or paper i guess its fine. if it was me id try to save some weight. i think a 3-15 is more than enough. of course that depends on the clarity of glass

I have a Nightforce NXS 12-42 on my Kimber Tactical 308. No, a 6-24 is not too much glass. :)

I put a Steiner 4-16 on mine. I have been pleased so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    852.5 KB · Views: 19
Sightron SIII 6-24x50mm on mine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I think 6-24x is a good mag range, especially for the 6.5 creed. The LMT MWS is a heavy girl, so might as well put some heavy glass on her! haha.