• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Help with JP Recoil Eliminator

Oham1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas, Tx
The title pretty much describes my post. I am on the market for a JP Recoil Eliminator and wanted to know if someone is using one on a Rem700 AAC-SD. If so which one should I purchase.

5/8-24 TPI .750 OD or 5/8-28 TPI .875 OD

Thank you.

Re: Help with JP Recoil Eliminator

I have a JP tactical brake( large ) on my savage 10 fcp-sr and it is very effective. I didn't want a brake with ports all the way around because if you do any prone you will blow shit everywhere.

I had their recoil eliminator on a Savage 10FP for a while.

The brake is very effective, however, I am not a big fan of the shape of it. I have since removed it for an SJC Titan, and I am now thinking about grabbing a APA Little Bastard to put on it.

The SJC is extremely effective, but I would prefer the appearance of the LB on a bolt gun. The SJC will stay in the herd, just move over to a semi-auto.

I had an apa I wasn't a fan. Just my opinion to each his own.

Thank you all for the comments. Now I have other models too look at. It will be hard to know which one is really better unless someone experienced all of the above. But they all sound like solid choices.