• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Help with pillar bedding Savage Mark II FV-SR

Win308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2010
Morris County, New Jersistan
I need some help understanding the theory of pillar bedding, namely how the receiver is supported on the pillar and how the pillar is situated in the stock between the receiver and the bottom metal and trigger guard. I want to pillar bed my Boyd’s Tacticool stock for my Savage Mark II FVSR, and I have DIP metal replacing the Savage factory metal. I have read some threads about it here and on other sites, but I am still unclear how to how to properly adjust the pillar length for a proper fit, the best method for installing the pillars and bedding the action to set it up correctly. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tag. I need the same info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, the action studs bear on the pillars. Bottom metal remains factory.

I wasn't happy with it the first time out so I took it home and re-bedded it. I haven't had a chance to shoot it since re-bedding. Hopefully I'll get to take it out in a couple of weeks.