• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with removing part

blazinpixels

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2009
Rochester MN
Dpms 308b with short free float tube.

No matter how much force i put in i cannot remove
the freefloat tube. I know its two parts but unscrewing it
wont come off. any ideas?

righty tighty lefty lucy right?

dpms free float carbine length

Re: Help with removing part

Normally I would simply answer this question for you but since you chose to crap on another member's for sale thread on this exact topic I think I would rather waste my key strokes typing this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Normally I would simply answer this question for you but since you chose to crap on another member's for sale thread on this exact topic I think I would rather waste my key strokes typing this. </div></div>

Oh im sorry im trying to look out for other hide members... 1300 for a dpms when you can buy a brand new one for 900-1000

sorry seemed kinda high price imo

but i will make sure to steer clear of your for sale ad's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarmBoy28</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Normally I would simply answer this question for you but since you chose to crap on another member's for sale thread on this exact topic I think I would rather waste my key strokes typing this. </div></div>

Oh im sorry im trying to look out for other hide members... 1300 for a dpms when you can buy a brand new one for 900-1000

but i will make sure to steer clear of your for sale ad's </div></div>

New price on that is $1,000 plus tax or shipping/ffl fee if you go that route. Add in a $200 trigger, a $300 stock and a few other additional items and suddenly it doesn't seem so unreasonable, does it? Definitely not so unreasonable that you needed to be the hero of the day and save a group of people who don't need saving. There are rules around here and crapping on for sale threads is one of them. You don't do it. Period. If you don't like the item move along. If you think it's high priced then make an offer in private. It's not too hard to understand. What you did was plain rude and you know it so stop trying to act like what you did was helpful let alone acceptable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarmBoy28</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Normally I would simply answer this question for you but since you chose to crap on another member's for sale thread on this exact topic I think I would rather waste my key strokes typing this. </div></div>

New price on that is $1,000 plus tax or shipping/ffl fee if you go that route. Add in a $200 trigger, a $300 stock and a few other additional items and suddenly it doesn't seem so unreasonable, does it? Definitely not so unreasonable that you needed to be the hero of the day and save a group of people who don't need saving. There are rules around here and crapping on for sale threads is one of them. You don't do it. Period. If you don't like the item move along. If you think it's high priced then make an offer in private. It's not too hard to understand. What you did was plain rude and you know it so stop trying to act like what you did was helpful let alone acceptable. </div></div>

I apologize okay... lets drop this subject...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarmBoy28</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarmBoy28</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Normally I would simply answer this question for you but since you chose to crap on another member's for sale thread on this exact topic I think I would rather waste my key strokes typing this. </div></div>

New price on that is $1,000 plus tax or shipping/ffl fee if you go that route. Add in a $200 trigger, a $300 stock and a few other additional items and suddenly it doesn't seem so unreasonable, does it? Definitely not so unreasonable that you needed to be the hero of the day and save a group of people who don't need saving. There are rules around here and crapping on for sale threads is one of them. You don't do it. Period. If you don't like the item move along. If you think it's high priced then make an offer in private. It's not too hard to understand. What you did was plain rude and you know it so stop trying to act like what you did was helpful let alone acceptable. </div></div>

I apologize okay... lets drop this subject... </div></div>

You don't owe me an apology. You owe one to the poster of the for sale thread you trashed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: telcolineman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">use a rubber strap wrench to loosen it </div></div>

Ditto. It's a right-hand thread just like any other, but they are held in place with red loctite, so if it's uncomfortably difficult to remove, apply heat with a heat-gun at the back of the FFT before removing.

FFT_Install7.jpg

FFT_Install2.jpg

FFT_Install11.jpg

Sorry for crappy cell-phone pics.

but i will make sure to steer clear of your for sale ad's [/quote]

New price on that is $1,000 plus tax or shipping/ffl fee if you go that route. Add in a $200 trigger, a $300 stock and a few other additional items and suddenly it doesn't seem so unreasonable, does it? Definitely not so unreasonable that you needed to be the hero of the day and save a group of people who don't need saving. There are rules around here and crapping on for sale threads is one of them. You don't do it. Period. If you don't like the item move along. If you think it's high priced then make an offer in private. It's not too hard to understand. What you did was plain rude and you know it so stop trying to act like what you did was helpful let alone acceptable. [/quote]

I apologize okay... lets drop this subject... [/quote]

You don't owe me an apology. You owe one to the poster of the for sale thread you trashed. [/quote]

This is what I think of when i see your post jer... i swear this is a picture of you

l_c26bcb1f132d4be0849e78224874b199.jpg

nuff said

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarmBoy28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nuff said </div></div>

Wow, you know how to link to a picture on the world wide web. Strong work. After your classy post to the other guy's for sale thread I would expect no less of you. Instead of manning up and apologizing to him for CLEARLY being in the wrong you choose to be immature and try to name call. With this attitude you won't last long around here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarmBoy28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nuff said </div></div>

Wow, you know how to link to a picture on the world wide web. Strong work. After your classy post to the other guy's for sale thread I would expect no less of you. Instead of manning up and apologizing to him for CLEARLY being in the wrong you choose to be immature and try to name call. With this attitude you won't last long around here. </div></div>

Maybe you want to back that up on the shooting range?

i already said sorry and your mouth keeps running...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarmBoy28</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarmBoy28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nuff said </div></div>

Wow, you know how to link to a picture on the world wide web. Strong work. After your classy post to the other guy's for sale thread I would expect no less of you. Instead of manning up and apologizing to him for CLEARLY being in the wrong you choose to be immature and try to name call. With this attitude you won't last long around here. </div></div>

Maybe you want to back that up on the shooting range?

i already said sorry and your mouth keeps running...

</div></div>
The point he is trying to make is don't shit on other people's threads. I don't care if the guy was asking two times that amount you keep your mouth shut or send it in a PM. You said you were just watching out for other hide members, well most of everyone on here knows what’s a good price and what’s not that is up to the people looking. So what you should have stated to begin with is "I am sorry I was not thinking, I have removed my comment on the for sale add and sent a PM to the seller stating what a dumb shit thing it was to do." Then plead the other guys on here don't chew you to bits. JMHO