• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with Rugged suppressors Brake Install

Carl1000

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2018
So I have installed brakes on a bunch of AR's, but not a bolt rifle. I now have 6.5CM Berhara HMR Pro that I want to install a Rugged Supressors 3 port Brake on.

Can you give me some instruction on the best way to do it on a precision rifle? Looking at the picture of the brake, I'm assuming the ports need to be positioned left to right, (not up and down). I have also heard that you shouldn't use shims? If so, how do you guys get it timed correctly?? Should I use any Loctite or Rockset? I will be using the rugged razor suppressor with this amount every once in a while. Thanks ))

Thanks
3-Port-Brake-2-600x600.jpg

The shims supplied with the brake work just fine. Find the proper shim or shims to get the ports in proper position, apply rockset or loctite if you desire then torque down the proper amount.

Reactions: Supersubes
I use hi-temp red Loctite on all my muzzle devices and have never had a problem with one coming loose. But I don't do mag dumps then try to remove my suppressor either ;) I believe TBAC also recommends it.

Use shims to get the port openings level left and right. If you want to pay more you can have a smith put it in a lathe and time it to eliminate shims. Shims are cheaper and easier.

They covered it.

PVA also makes a self timing mount for rugged cans.

Depending on how much the brake needs to rotate, you could sand off some of the brake on the threaded side.

I did this with mine and it turned out well.

Find a very flat surface, like a piece of glass, and put some 1,000 grit sand paper on the surface.

Add a bit of water and run the brake in a figure eight pattern on the sand paper.

Doing figure eights will keep the end of the brake true to the barrel.

If you will only shoot suppressed, you do not need to time the break unless the aesthetics bug you.