• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Help with TT diamond

winniethepooh

“Insert wittty comment here”
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
East Wenatchee, WA
I pulled my Timney 510 out of my Rem700 and swapped a TriggerTech diamond into its place. Problem is I now have slam firing issues if I run the bolt extremely hard (faster than I would normally). Never had this problem when this was in my Impact...any ideas? I have it adjusted all the way to 32ozs...

The geometry of the sear engagement and your cocking piece sounds like it has changed possibly. You could try a different cocking piece or get a hold of TriggerTech and ask them where they stand on that.
I personally had a bad trigger from them and they stood behind their products 100%. They have great customer service and are genuinely interested in fixing problems.
If you don’t want to do any of that I’d recommend a Calvin Elite. The geometry will most likely be very similar to your 510