• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing HELP!! X Mark Trigger

Hunting_Zombies

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2011
San Diego, CA
I just bedded my B&C stock (thanks to wnroscoe's thread) and now I am trying to assemble the trigger. I can't find anywhere on the web where this damn spring goes. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Re: HELP!! X Mark Trigger

it sets on a stud at an angle towards the front.

Just had mine apart the other night. I'm not 100% on terminology so take this with grain of salt.
Move the safety to safe - Tap out the Bolt stop pin (the one at the back holding the trigger on the action) This will release The bolt stop and the bolt stop spring on the side of the action. Move the trigger housing downward from the action - on the top is the sear safety cam - you should be able raise the sear cam up, there is I small retainer pin sticking upward in between the trigger housing - that is where the spring sits. Close the sear cam slowly - you will feel the spring resistance on the sear cam. This is the tricky part - hold the sear cam so the spring doesn't fly off while moving the trigger housing back into
place. Tap the bolt stop pin back in far enough to hold the trigger in place -
put the bolt stop and bolt stop spring back in place and apply light pressure
while tapping the bolt stop pin the rest of the way in.
I wish I knew a website for pictures or a skematic - I hope this is helpful.

Perfect, thanks guys! I got it in and it functions properly. I have a Timney that should be arriving any day but I want to shoot tomorrow and see how the bedding job performs! Thanks again!!