• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jon Lester

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2004
Tazewell . Virginia
Riddle Me this shooters:
My Daughter Sydnei Leighann Tatum,traveled to texas for the Championship and experienced a unique situation that I cannot explane away. Prior to leaving her rig was spot on 100-1100 yds Confirmed on steel. Doe to hectic travel scheduling she fired the first Tx round in the competition. By the end of the Match she was adding .7 to holds at 800, the last two stages she added .5 and .7 depending on distance.
Thoughts:
1.Barrel going (No less than800 rds)
2.Load ( I worked harder on these rounds than all i shot this year combined)
3. Bad data (Shot from a Kestrel that has NEVER been off with several different rifles across the planet) Gave different dope in Tx like expected.
4. Loose nut behind the butt plate (I believe in her ability, the fact she was able to make the diagnosis and correction for hits sort of rules this out)

She came out today and we unpacked and went out in the yard:
1. Zero was .1 low at 100, dialed it in and hit bullet holes
2. turned around and went for shade<10" target at 1028 yards, 1st shot .2 low then proceeded to flat wear it out, just like before she left, with the dope from the Kestrel. Nothing changed from TX.

What Gives?
Is this Kestrel rifle a Va only setup ;-)

It may be an error to assume that muzzle velocity remains constant over big changes in air density.

We've seen 140 fps more at 7000 ft (Colorado) than at sea level (Louisiana) for the same loads.

We reckon its the weight of the extra air in the barrel at sea level.

Something to consider if there was a big change in air density between locations.