• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help!!!!

I am currently looking at the cmc's but what is the big hype on the flat triggers? I've never used one but the dont look very comfortable.
They don't necessarily look better, but they do pull very well. It seems kind of odd, like a curved trigger should fit your finger better, but a straight trigger is just out there and seems to pull easier. For me anyways.

Ok guys, i finally got all my parts collected for this build. Now before I get started I have another stupid question, to Headspace or not to Headspace? I've read so many posts on different forums here and there and it seems that nobody can agree!
Some people say theres no need in headspacing an AR cause there's nothing you can do to fix it other than change parts. But dont you still need to know, especially with it being a large frame AR where the parts are not necessarily standardized?
Also, does the barrel need to be in the upper or separate?

That is what I was thinking if I need to. I don't really want to have to spend that kind of money on something I'm only gonna use once as this is the only 6.5 CM I'm gonna build. I'm am currently waiting on a local gunsmith to open to see if he has the gauges and can check it for me.

Depends on how often you shoot, and what you want out of your barrel. Keep in mind 6.5 CM goes south around 2500 rounds, +-200. So you could be looking at a new barrel sooner than you think.

That is something I definitely did not think about, but it will be a long while before I wear out this barrel!

Triggertech, ARGold, Larue, WC, Geissele SSA.SSA-E/DMR, etc..... will all be good for your use case. Ultimately, it comes down to preference and it's difficult to advise on one without you just sitting down and trying them all. I thought I'd like the Triggertechs, which are objectively good triggers, but they're not my cup of tea.

My favorite trigger is still the Geissele S3G, but I'd never want one for anything at distance.

Triggertech, ARGold, Larue, WC, Geissele SSA.SSA-E/DMR, etc..... will all be good for your use case. Ultimately, it comes down to preference and it's difficult to advise on one without you just sitting down and trying them all. I thought I'd like the Triggertechs, which are objectively good triggers, but they're not my cup of tea.

My favorite trigger is still the Geissele S3G, but I'd never want one for anything at distance.

Thanks for the input. I went with the Geissele SSA-E.

Reactions: akg102
I made it like 3 posts in.

KAC.jpg

I know you went with the ssae but I have ran that and several other Geissele products and I found the Geissele SSP (Single Stage Precision) to be the perfect fit for my FN DMR II. I run a Super TriCon in my 556 AR. I've tried Timney Drop in 3.5 Lb AR Triggers and they work well for a drop in. Just a PITA to remove or switch out the safety.

I use Harris Bi-pods on my DMR and my PRS bolt gun. I haven't felt the need to spend more yet. I get the notched legs and hawk legs for better grip. Have fun.

So hey guys, I finally got the 6.5cm project done! It was a whole lot easier than I had thought, even easier than the 300blk I built. Thanks to everyone for all the help and advice, it was a big help!
Here is the pics of the rifle. They don't do the rifle justice. Had problems getting the whole thing in the pic as it is too long, just under 47 inches. You can see I still need some glass and a bipod, but thats next. All in it was a little over $1500 for the build so far.

Attachments

• 0712191402.jpg
    0712191402.jpg
    422.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 0712191408.jpg
    0712191408.jpg
    588.1 KB · Views: 91