• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Helping Checking a mil dot scope

BrunoDK

Private
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2021
Brazil
Hey guys, I've got a variable mil dot scope from Victoptics (Vector optics) PAC 3-9x40 (OPSL20) and I'm trying to figure out at which zoom the mil dot are at true size.
My backyard is 25 meters (Sorry I use Meters) Here are some photos of what it looks like looking through the scope, also I did a vector to be easier to look.
Each close line in the paper are 5cm and the more apart one are 10cm.
anyone got any ideas?

Attachments

• 6x.jpg
    6x.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 8x.jpg
    8x.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 9x.jpg
    9x.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 98
  • mil dot meters cm.jpg
    mil dot meters cm.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 99
Your pictures are too poor to judge anything. It appears to be second focal plane, in general the reticle is at scale at max power.

10 cm @ 25 meters = 4.0 mils

Yeah I tried to take better photos but it's hard, so I think it's max scale at 6x, I will get a 10cm object to confirm.

That's really strange, here a 10cm box, I'm at 9x zoom and the box is only 2~ mil dots, are the traces considered dots too?

10cm box.jpg

Hey guys, I've got a variable mil dot scope from Victoptics (Vector optics) PAC 3-9x40 (OPSL20) and I'm trying to figure out at which zoom the mil dot are at true size.

anyone got any ideas?
MILs Simplified: Your true Mil value will always be 1/1000 of the distance you are viewing your object at.

Reactions: Nik H
This scope doesn't make sense for me, I printed a zeroing-target that's supposed to have a mil dot true size, this is how it looks like.

25 yards 9x.jpg
zoom.jpg
25 yards.jpg

This is basically saying none of the zoom settings make the reticle true mildot. What you might end up doing is use the half mil as the true mil and adjust the turret to be 2 tenths of a mil per click or whatever your turrets adjust by.

That target says scaled for 25 yards not meters, move it in to 22.86 meters and try again.

On the reticle each increment is supposed to be 0.5 Mil

Given that scope lists for like $30 it is quite possible that nothing on it is an accurate measurement (reticle scale, magnification, clicks etc.)

Reactions: Terry Cross
That target says scaled for 25 yards not meters, move it in to 22.86 meters and try again.

On the reticle each increment is supposed to be 0.5 Mil

Given that scope lists for like $30 it is quite possible that nothing on it is an accurate measurement (reticle scale, magnification, clicks etc.)
Yeah I'm at 25 yards in the last photo.

Then you're out of magnification to scale the rule correctly. It is like a toy scope. Send it back. For some odd reason it comes with a warranty.

This one is in your price range and has a lifetime warranty and is at least under the same umbrella as Bushnell.

If you were in the USA I would send you a nice still in the box fixed power Bushnell 4x Banner from the 1970s.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrunoDK