• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hendsolt, Swarovski or Leupold Spotter?

I have 2 Hensoldts, the Spotter60 and Spotter45 and the Swarovski STR80 is the best when comparing them both. I totally like the Swarovski more so than both Hensoldts

The Leupold is not really in the same class

Well shit Frank, I was going to say same thing... anyway Natchez Shooters Supply and occasionally EuroOptic usually will have Swaro STR-80 demos (w/20x-60x eyepieces) that have been factory refurbished for around $3K. Same lifetime warranty and excellent customer service (just be sure to register your spotter).

Sure wish Swaro would add a reticle eyepiece to the “X” line. We really liked being able to mix and match BTX/ATX eyepieces, doubler, and lenses within our hunt group to get the best optics for everyone based on their roles for the day. I need a packable eyepiece cause the BTX just isn’t made for leaving the truck. But Swaro isn’t known for providing cost effective solutions

I would prefer to use the Swaro eyepiece in my Swaro spotter. Someone should set up to add the reticules to the existing eyepiece. That would be a win.

Reactions: waveslayer
I have 2 Hensoldts, the Spotter60 and Spotter45 and the Swarovski STR80 is the best when comparing them both. I totally like the Swarovski more so than both Hensoldts

The Leupold is not really in the same class
Even with the narrower FOV ?