• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Hennessy Hammocks

96C

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 9, 2007
    Aust
    Hi fellas,
    Have any of you had any experience with the Hennessy Hammocks?

It's mainly for hunting now, wouldn't be able to use it very often with Army due to the lack of tree's in alot of areas.

If so, which model would you reccommend?
    The two I have my eye on are the:

- Explorer Deluxe A-Sym
    - Expedition A-Sym.

If you're keen for a look, this is the manufacturer list:
    http://hennessyhammock.com/catalogue.html

Thanks
    laugh.gif

J

Re: Hennessy Hammocks

I don't have one but have heard they are great. I built my own out of a hammock w/built in bug screen and a coated rip-stop nylon tarp I had a friend sew up for me. Works great and was less than half what I would've had in a Hennessy. In cold weather your going to need a underquilt or something to keep your backside insulated.

I've the second one, great item, in this picture you can see a winter set up... inside there is a padded insulation mat, outside 2 different cover one for top and the other for bottom and lateral..... also you have the cover for rain... not display here.
    The best is you are not in contact with the ground and not less important you can exit very fast...
    You can sleep with some items inside... but pack must stay out side.. I use to attach them to the rope of the hammoc..

2007_1013RRM20070001.jpg

I also have the ASym. Great hammocks that are very easy to set up and very comfortable to sleep in.

Look at Clark too,they can be used as a solo tent too.
    I have a North and a NX-250

Have used mine at 20 degrees. Get a good sleep pad and sleeping bag they are quite cozy.

Had a Hennessy,,found my feet falling through the bottom entrance.

http://www.junglehammock.com/

Hennessy hammocks look nice, don't own one but heard good things. I got a sleeping bag hammock from Sportsmanguide a few years back on sale for $49 off a $200 msrp! It's a full mummy rated -20 sleeping bag with zippers on both ends that contain heavy duty nylon cords so you can hang it. Used to use it back in Ohio where it was cold, but since then moved and got a nylon parachute material hammock buuut there are no trees in the desert! When I did use that hammock I just tied up my poncho as a rainfly, less stuff to carry. Just in case you were in cold weather areas. If you are gonna use one for the Army and deployed overseas, my and my buddy his aunt sent us hammocks and we just tied them between 2 humvees!

I've only ever used my HH in tropical jungle and tropical savannah, heed comments accordingly.

I sleep better in my HH than I do in my own bed. I've broken my back twice and live with back pain except on hunting trips.

You will be colder in a hammock than any other hooch, I use a fleece sleeping bag liner and use the stuff sack as a pillow. Whatever your cold weather gear is in a tent you will need to increase it for similar climate.

I have never gotten the asymetrc tarp that comes with the HH to work well, I bought a compact 8x18 tarp from somewhere else and use it instead. Bear in mind that trees make rain fall straight down and you will be slinging under at least two trees.