• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hensholdt Spotter 60 Reticle Change?

roaring80sgun

Private
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2018
Saint Louis, MO
Before I reach out directly to Hensholdt, has anyone had any success with getting the Spotter 60 equipped with a Horus type or similar reticle like the Spotter 45 has? I understand the Spotter 60 has the simple reticle to be able to spot impacts better, but I’ve used other spotters with more detailed reticles without any problems. I’d ideally like a more detailed reticle in the Spotter 60. Other than the reticle, the Spotter 60 is great. I can still make decent calls, but I’ve found I can be more accurate on making calls with a more detailed reticle.

I've used my buds plenty.
Seems crowded/busy until time is spent behind one.
I prefer to place the reticle at 6:00 a bit under the target.
Glass is just stupid good, but you already know that.

R

Reactions: MarinePMI
I lucked out with mine... at 1k

688E6B2D-9AD9-4E7D-8F60-6D7D5013723F.jpeg

Reactions: AIAW
Before I reach out directly to Hensholdt, has anyone had any success with getting the Spotter 60 equipped with a Horus type or similar reticle like the Spotter 45 has? I understand the Spotter 60 has the simple reticle to be able to spot impacts better, but I’ve used other spotters with more detailed reticles without any problems. I’d ideally like a more detailed reticle in the Spotter 60. Other than the reticle, the Spotter 60 is great. I can still make decent calls, but I’ve found I can be more accurate on making calls with a more detailed reticle.

If they will do it, Hensoldt is literally going to rip you a new one to have the reticle changed, coupled with a (estimated) 6 month wait. My educated estimate would be about half the cost of a new unit. Ouch.

I tried having EuroOptic order a Spotter with the Gen2 Mildot (Pictured above), but since those where rare demo units (like 2 in the states), in order to get it with that reticle, they would need to order at least 20 of them and have at least 10 commited buyers. Didn't get any traction though when I posted that last year or earlier in the year, on here....

I feel that L Mildot in the 60 sucks, the H32 on the 45 can get a tad busy, thus why I got rid of it.. At least the Gen2 Mildot matches my Gen2XR scopes

Reactions: AIAW
The H32 works great for what it is. I tend to use the middle, not the zero, but that may be because I am lazy. No need for the extra 15x, I think the 45 is a better unit.

I tried having EuroOptic order a Spotter with the Gen2 Mildot (Pictured above), but since those where rare demo units (like 2 in the states), in order to get it with that reticle, they would need to order at least 20 of them and have at least 10 commited buyers. Didn't get any traction though when I posted that last year or earlier in the year, on here....

I feel that L Mildot in the 60 sucks, the H32 on the 45 can get a tad busy, thus why I got rid of it.. At least the Gen2 Mildot matches my Gen2XR scopes
Bummer that buy did not work out with Euro. I’ll live with the 60 reticle for now. .2 Mil increments would be great though instead of the 1 Mils.

I own a 60 have spotted with both the 60 and 45 and prefer the 60 for ELR. Impacts can be lost in the 45 reticle at longer distances. It took a little practice to get use to the 60 but now prefer it.

Bummer that buy did not work out with Euro. I’ll live with the 60 reticle for now. .2 Mil increments would be great though instead of the 1 Mils.

We can make it happen, just need 10 people to commit in buying them. I'm not opposed to a spotter60 with Gen2 MilDot.....

We can make it happen, just need 10 people to commit in buying them. I'm not opposed to a spotter60 with Gen2 MilDot.....
finding 10 people shud be easy enuf but if your going down that route why not get traction for a decent ret like the MSR?? Several years ago Hensoldt was approached direct but the line from them is " no interest" in offering any other rets.

I own a 60 have spotted with both the 60 and 45 and prefer the 60 for ELR. Impacts can be lost in the 45 reticle at longer distances. It took a little practice to get use to the 60 but now prefer it.
ZiaHunter...thanks for your input. I’m going to keep using it and get as much practice as possible with it. Good point that you made. For ELR, I see a lot of folks using the Swarovski BTX spotting scope with no reticle. Too much reticle in ELR can be a problem.

@roaring80sgun We'd have to get those 8 guys including the 2 of us to agree on a reticle.

@Emouse I run Tangent Theta's, so the Gen2 Mildot makes sense to me since it matches the Gen2XR. Plus, it's useful enought to make correction, and not busy enough to get in the way. Not saying the MSR is busy, it's a good reticle for sure, just prefer the Gen2 Mildot. I also like the reticle they have in their ZF 3.5x26 scope. Has the .2 in the edges...

ZiaHunter...thanks for your input. I’m going to keep using it and get as much practice as possible with it. Good point that you made. For ELR, I see a lot of folks using the Swarovski BTX spotting scope with no reticle. Too much reticle in ELR can be a problem.

I use the lower horizontal line as my waterline and center on the long sub tension in the middle of it. The space between the dots is .8 mils and 1.0 mils CTC and with practice you can estimate fairly well between the dots. Remember minimum correction when spotting is .2 mils or half the width of the target (per Walt Wilkinson).

I use the lower horizontal line as my waterline and center on the long sub tension in the middle of it. The space between the dots is .8 mils and 1.0 mils CTC and with practice you can estimate fairly well between the dots. Remember minimum correction when spotting is .2 mils or half the width of the target (per Walt Wilkinson).
Thanks. I’m going try using that lower horizontal line like you mentioned.