• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hensoldt/ Zeiss shitty service heads up

Threads like this make me happy I have US Optics gear. Customer service is second to NONE. Glad you are finally getting your optic sorted, sounds like it was a nightmare.

[MENTION=26466]dea[/MENTION]dly,

It was Dr. Walter Peschke. He got the right person to get in touch with me. Pretty much everyone since Karen has been a help.

Walter is a good dude and is always looking to help. Zeiss sport optics hasn't been to stellar the few times I dealt with them when I was working for HDC

Update. I received an email from the right people, and they said they would have this settled very fast. A member on here assisted, and it looks like this will finally be handled the right way. I appreciate very much the effort the member on here put forth. We're lucky to have this forum with such great guys.

Medic,

Can you post the contact info for the "right people". Those of us with Hensoldt scopes will benefit from your knowledge about who to contact in the rare event we need warranty work. I want to hear how quickly and accurately your problem gets solved. Your customer service experience will help me determine whether I purchase any more Hensoldt scopes. I hope it is handled well because I really love my Hensoldt scopes!

TKAB

No way am I going to dime out the dealer. He uses Zeiss and Hensoldt himself, but is up-front about the return-rate he has experienced. Most of the guns were .338 LM and AR10's, both of which are pretty hard on optics.

I broke an S&B PM II shooting a ton of .338 LM, day-after-day, week-after-week.

Medic,

Can you post the contact info for the "right people". Those of us with Hensoldt scopes will benefit from your knowledge about who to contact in the rare event we need warranty work. I want to hear how quickly and accurately your problem gets solved. Your customer service experience will help me determine whether I purchase any more Hensoldt scopes. I hope it is handled well because I really love my Hensoldt scopes!

TKAB

What he said. I have three Henny's and Spotter 60 - all of which I really like - and need to know where to go for CS in the event of a malfunction. I also want reticle changes, but I digress...

Last edited:
I've had my Hensoldt 3-12 FF since 2010 I believe. Back then I dealt with HuDisco and thought their service was exceptional (I just couldn't live with the 'in the middle' turret adjustment so sent it back for 'dead on' one). It'd be a shame to ditch an excellent optic because of one poor performing employee. The story of the guy in Germany however is serious pause for thought!

Sorry to hear about your problems. Zeiss customer service treated me well, but that was just a stuck turret on a Conquest, nothing $$$ pricey.

I have two Diavari* 6-24x56 scopes that I sent in for servicing. While they shipped my scopes back to Germany, I was given loaners that were the latest and greatess models of the Diavari line. When my scopes came back they all had new inners, new current production lens and with the latest coatings.

Also, they provided a paid UPS return label for the loaners, so the least I could do was to insure them for the trip back. Hey, I basically got two new scopes, so I'd buy another lifetime warranty Zeiss scope down the road.

I believe Airbus bought out Hensoldt and Europtic is the only importer now.

never had any issue getting hensoldt, zeiss or SB fixed in timely manner - sure was 3+ years ago ...

When Nathan was running Hudisco years ago, I sent one of mine in to clean some dust out, and he had a new scope out to me a a couple weeks. I hope eurooptic has good service now

I recently had to deal with a warranty issue on a new Hensoldt through EuroOptic and they certainly weren't the weak link. Typically I'm not big on having to go through a second party but I think it may be beneficial in some cases. The only irritating part was how long it took to get a response from Hensoldt on a scope that was bunk out of the box.

I recently had to deal with a warranty issue on a new Hensoldt through EuroOptic and they certainly weren't the weak link. Typically I'm not big on having to go through a second party but I think it may be beneficial in some cases. The only irritating part was how long it took to get a response from Hensoldt on a scope that was bunk out of the box.
IMO if you get a new scope that is bad out of the box then the company you bought it from should just send you a new replacement scope if they have one in stock period.......and they can send the broken one back to the manufacturer and the manufacturer can send them a replacement. I would demand nothing less........and yes if I bought a brand new car and drove it off the lot and the engine blew I would expect the same.

Reactions: BCX and upthewall