• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

here is an odd question ..

H_Talon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2012
lost wages, nv (Vegas Baby :-)
I have a muzzle break, and am planning on using a suppressor but
I'd like to use the break for a thread protector when the suppressor
isn't install.

so the question If I took a spring punch and made a dimple in the barrel
and break so I can line them up on the fly .. would it make a difference to
the profromance .. just a thought :)

No, but I think you're overthinking the issue. Once the break is seated properly, it's seated. Purely theoretically speaking, after a period of time the two metal surfaces of the brake and barrel will wear and the indices will no longer align; but that'd take a lot of taking offs and putting ons, and your threads would probably wear out before that, anyway.

I bought the apa gen2 brake that doesn't need to be timed for the same purpose you're wanting.

Why not get a brake attached suppressor such as a 30ba?
I like this thinking, if you're going to keep the brake then purchase a QD one that is integral with the suppressor and you'll have the best of both (unless you're just in love with your current brake.) You won't have to wrench it off to install the suppressor and timing won't be a concern.

Get a break mounted suppressor and leave the break attached. No need to mess around with removing and trying to realign etc.

Thunderbeast BA series as mentioned above.

yep it's brake not break ... :)

guys the question was about the making a dimple in the barrel,
and if it would affect the performance ???

not looking to get another suppressor or brake :)

thanks ...

Sorry for not answering the question directly.

I guess what I was trying to say is for what you are looking to do it does not seem worth the trouble to me. I can't see why it would cause any performance issue as pinning a barrel probably is more destructive than what you are looking to do and pinned barrels shoot fine.