• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Here is an old commercial you will never see again. LOL!

You beat me to it. Saw this on another forum today and was gonna post it here.

Sadly, you're right. Well never see anything like this again in our lifetime. This was from a bygone era.

you know what is crazy and I was just thinking about this after watching this crazy commerical...... my father gave me an SKS after finishing my hunters education when I turned 14 back in 1989 so I could go deer hunting by myself.... My father, mother, myself, family, and friends didn't think anything of it. Back then we lived in a good size Wisconsin neighborhood of about 100houses, and each house was on about 1.5 to 3acre lots. Your typical Wisconsin neighborhood of freshly mowed green grass lawns type stuff. Our neighborhood was surrounded by corn fields and dense woods type thing. No shit, at the age of 14, I would sling my SKS over my shoulder, walk out the back door loaded to the hilt with 7.62x39 ammo, walk through all of my neighbor's backyards waving & saying hello with them waving back hello, and walk out into the woods to target shoot knowing damn well everyone in the neighborhood could hear me target shooting. No cops. Nothing. That would soooo not happen today in that same neighborhood. Everyone knew everyone in the neighborhood. Days when people got out of the house and talked to each other.... Sheessshh, I talk as if it was like 100years ago or something... It was 1989!! Those days of dirt bikes, no cellphones, bottle rocket fights, and flashlight tag are over with. LOL

You beat me to it. Saw this on another forum today and was gonna post it here.

Sadly, you're right. Well never see anything like this again in our lifetime. This was from a bygone era.

Last edited:
I used to shoot on our high school team and kids brought their rifles to school on the bus. No one thought anything of it. That was fifty years ago and won't ever happen again.

that is crazy! we really are in a whole new era of micro managed attention deprived independent thumb sucking pussies!

BTW, 1001 posts!

I used to shoot on our high school team and kids brought their rifles to school on the bus. No one thought anything of it. That was fifty years ago and won't ever happen again.

I used to drive into school with a rifle in the gun rack of my truck. This is in California too!

Those were the good ole days and the sad part is Im not even that old... I remember you could go out to just about any guys truck in the school parking lot and find a rifle during deer season, or shotgun for dove season... Then Columbine happened! Living in a small town you go to school, and after school you go work with your parents, go hunting, or do something productive.. Those days are gone. Now its go to school, come home and play a video game and do nothing productive. Pretty sure you can blame the whole thing on Mrs. Pac Man...

I had a pocket knife in my pocket from the 7th grade on, as most boys did. Went hunting with the gun I kept in my truck, fishing with the rod in my truck, shot a bow in GYM class, rode my bike without a helmet and yes even ran with scissors. I didn't always make the team, received spankings when they were warranted and the losers didn't get feel good trophies. Yea there must be soccer moms everywhere having nightmares about those days, but there were no school shootings, no days on end playing video (the newbaby sitter), I guess the kids now days just need more time in time out.

Between my 2 brothers and I, we had all of those squirt guns.
I dont think of myself as being very old (31), but man, the kids these days are living in a completely different world.

Tempted to buy a 30 sec commercial spot during the local 5' oclock news, sit back and watch the shit storm. Lol Anyone wanna co sponsor??? ;)

Dad used to tell me he would walk to school with his rifle & on the way he would check his traps. On the way home if he came across raccoon, rabbit, possum, or the biggie, a deer life would be good! The price for a pelt was between 3 & 5 cents. Ok, dad was born in 1894 but life & values sure have changed, not for the better I'll add. If I had a gun in my truck now, Chris Christie would have a field day with my back side!

Being on the East Coast, I'd have to pick three, Chuckie, Bloomie, & Cuomo.

Maxwell

Last edited:
Going hunting I used to sling my shotgun over my shoulder as a teen and wave to the local peace officer on the way out of town. Sure was a nice fellow! MAN do I miss the 80's!!!!