• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Here is something less common,

Advokaten

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2007
Malmö, Stockholm, Sweden, Europe
Yupp,

here is my close quarters hunting drilling.

drillingen.jpg

Drilling.jpg

grvlingmedMerkel.jpg

Yes there is a reason they are called the thrue hunters rifle.

/Chris

Re: Here is something less common,

Jack of all trades, master of none. Farmers gun.
wink.gif

We see a lot of those here, typicaly germanic weapon, broken firing pins and springs an gumbed up with Balistol is the most common problem.

I recon a BBF makes more sence and is lighter. ( BBF = Buckbüchsflinte = Over/Under with (usualy) shotgun barrel on top, rifle barrel underneath.

I used to have a Sabatti BBF. 20/76 on top and 30-06 underneath. I took a fair amount of game with it.

Interesting was the insert barrel in .22LR, ported and baffled with the 20bore barrel actinmg as the outside of the supressor.

I see you've got a some fort of rail on top, makes more sence than the Sühler Einmhackmontage ( claw mounts) most commonly found on older drillings.
What calibers you got in there. ?? and have you ever tried " Dachsbraten" roast badger ??

which model is it,.
regards pete

Pete,

that is so right and still a bit unfair, a drilling is a great single shot rifle and still an adequate shotgun even for some dove/pidgeon shot,

my drilling, now sporting new clawring mounts and new slow rust blueing, is a Merkel 32, standard 12/70 that is 2 3/4 I belive and a 7x57R barrel, a 22 Hornet or 6x70R insert barrel is on the way, licensing issues.

I use my rifle for the every day woods hunts and the dachhound driven hunts for roe that we have in the winter, in all it´s a perfect tool for that,

the 7 mm bullets do the job all the way up and including moose,

this one has the left barrel adjusted to shoot slugs/brenneke poi with the rifled barrel at 50 meters, a good thing.

I have a few others less common rifles a ds and a bockbüschflinte, howver they are at the gun smith, having new optics installed.

Currently I am looking at a Blaser BBF to replace the one I have got, as to regards to roasted badger, no I have never had that pleasure,

did you injoy yours Pete?

Best regards Chris

Chris, Ive never treid the badger, shot several, tough little buggers they are, but these Germans keep going on about roast badger, licking thier lips and i aint sure wether they are winding me up or not. ( i mean they eat raw pig eh)

Drilling, = weight of a match rifle, accurate range of a hand gun,
sorry mate, had to say that. They are a wonderfull curiosity, and an interesting feat of engineering, but having worked on so many broken ones and ones that wouldn't group to hit a barn door,, also they are difficult to use if not practiced on often, you wouldn't believe how many "nachsuche" searches for game with dogs have been caused by someone wacking a big boar with a .22hornet because they got muddled up on which trigger and which lever to acctuate,, and we wont mention the roosting pidgeons shot with the rifle barrel eh !! not for me bud.. but they are still popular in central europe, is it the same in scandinavia?

best regards Pete

Pete, apples and pears, I use proper rifles when need be,

drillings are what they are, a decent sbs shotgun at best and a rifled barrel to boot,

min shoots ok, 2 quick shots within 7 cm vertical stringing heat induced, if I hold of I can have them closer together,

letting the barrel cool between shots, I can have 3 shots within a quarter, when does one need more for hunting were I live?

I´ll agree on the handgun bit, as long as you mean by US-standard, I will not shot longer than 120 meters with mine,

yes one has to be aquainted with it real good, second nature to me from more than 4 years of use, every other week that is but still.

Badgers are nasty buggers, I would not eat one, I know what they eat,

I belive that the germans have severly twarted taste in food, and yes I belive that one could sell a roasted badger as roasted piglet.

Best regards Chris

Dang!...That's the biggest SKUNK I've ever seen!Looks like some kind of mutant.

Any skunk that big definitely needs more than two barrels.LOL

Steve

Well yes should it be a skunk,

that is a European Bagder, about 17 Lbs 8 kilos worth of living wacuum machine, if it´s eatable and on the ground they´ll eat it,

Steve I can assure you five mile island has not caused that mutation...

In thruth, that bad boy took 32 grams of US nr 3 @ 9 meters, I had spotted and stalked it for a bit...

/Chris

some times the shot gun barrel is underneath, mostly its on top, but when it is i get into lob grenade mode.. ha i guess you could call an M203 slung under an assault rifle a Boch Buchs Flinte with attitude eh..

we get all sorts of things over here, berg stutzen, is a double barreled rifle but one on top of the other, not side by side,
we get drillings, vierlings, bochsuchs drillings, all sorts of wierd and wondefull combinations.

Balistol is great for spraying on where you just removed a tick, but it gumbs the hell out of trigger mechanisms and locks on guns.. its the German eierlegendwollmiclchsau ( egglaying wooly milking pig) when it comes to rifle cleaning, dont clean it, just spray it with balistöl.

I dont fancy the roast badger my self, i had to eat all sorts of shit when i was in the military, but i'm a bit more picky these days,,

Pete

Pete, try the balistol with some gin...
I wouldn't trust myself with a drilling, enough goes wrong with a normal bolt action, although I go hunting about 3-4 times a week and have enough practice. I could just imagine some of these office hunters taking out their drillings once a year.
What would tempt me though would be the over under rifle, had a sabatti in my hands at the IWA. Fitted like a glove. Open sights and ejectors, that would be it to flush out sika with my springer in thick cover.
edi

I know,I was just trying to be funny,LOL.At first glance it does look like a 5 mile Island skunk though.

I shot a Badger once but it was 1/3 the size of yours.My bud and I thought we would skin it and make a hat out of it,but quickly determined that that was a smelly mistake.It was a good thing the wives were out of town that weekend because we smelled like dead Badger.Also our cat was running all over the house in the middle of the night going crazy because of the funky smell.It even attacked my friend while he was sleeping.LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jack of all trades, master of none. Farmers gun.
wink.gif

regards pete </div></div>

Wohhhh!!! Farmers gun??? I'll have you know that no self respecting farmer, (especialy this one) would be seen dead with one of those..........then again, we are talking about Germans, Sweeds ect.....

come on James, one of those combinations would be perfect for hanging in your tractor..you would get locked up for shooting a Badger in GB though eh..
We have an open season on them over here, tough nasty bastadgies they are. Last time i was out stalking in GB i saw 8 badgers !

Pete

and still they are protected,

back here it´s shoot on sight.

Badger are living vacuums and I really much prefere to have rabbits and hares to hunt than not.

Like redheads, drillings are an aquired taste.

Best regards Chris

once something gets a protection order on it, its difficult to get it off again, suppose its teh same with mountain lions in California. sensible management of all such species is the answer.

and as far as tastes go.. Well Ive been know to be partial to a rusty roof mind..
and that blond wigling her backside every time james posts something, well she seems to have 3 barrels that could use a charging eh.. ha ha..

Pete