• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Here it is my Sig 716 patrol. Need optics help!

sig716shot

Private
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2012
Heres my pretty new Sig 716 patrol rifle in 7.62 Nato. I have been struggling on which optics to put on it. But I have to tell ya I really like this rifle. I dropped in a Timney 3LB trigger and even with irons and the acog pictured it'll hold pretty tight groups(sub MOA with 168gr Amax and SMK. For the money I don't feel there is any nicer AR10 on the market. I also have a 16in POF which is a little more accurate because of the nicer Rock Creek 5R barrels and trigger but not nearly as balanced. I feel that is just as accurate and practical as the SCAR perhaps just not as cosmetically appealing or badass looking. I only kept my SCAR 17 for a couple months. I will use the POF for more precision shooting and put a nice Bushnell HORUS 3.5-21x on it. My current concern is what optics to put on this rifle. I am thinking Leupold Mark4 2.5-8, NF 2.5-10(prefer the 24mm but can't find it), or the IOR 1.5-8 or 2-12. Would be interested in opinions for med-long range optics to stay under $1300 with a decent mount. I prefer Larue or ADM. I will be using for hunting to 500 maybe 600m (depends on game and how accurate I am) and heavy tactical shooting (3gun and such)
Im just starting out here so I can't post the trijicon ACOG TA31h green horseshoe for sale yet but I am willing to part with it is 5.56 BDC and I no longer have any m4s as I have consolidated all ammo to 308. I have tons of pictures and info for partial trades just message me. 98% with everything as new. Thanks for the input.
100_0589.jpg

100_0586.jpg

Heres the POF before I upgraded optics.
100_0441-1.jpg

Scar 17 I had
1336423543_0.jpg

Re: Here it is my Sig 716 patrol. Need optics help!

I tried the NF 2.5-10X32, IOR Spartan 2-12, SS 3-9 before I just went with a 3.5-10 mk4 leupold on my 16" LMT .308
The NF reticle was invisible at low power (bad one?), the IOR tunneled down from 3.5 and lower which ruined the whole point of the optic, and the SS was not as substantial as I hoped it would be.
So I went back to a old Leupold. Just my experiences.

There's a guy with a leupold multigun scope for sale on this site, it's 1-6X w/illuminated SPR reticule and I think you can get a BDC dial for it as well.

yea I was guessing leupold would be the best route without spending the well spent extra dough for a USO. looking like thats where I should go.

I have a MK IV 6.5x20x50 illuminated TMR. I FN love it everyone who looks through it just get jealous. If you dont mind what did you put down on that sig? a buddy just called me about one and to tell you the truth i have not heard of them until he called me a bit ago.

I got it used for little over $1400.

I agree with Alabama. Save for a little while more and buy the USO. It's only a few hundred more and you may even find a deal here on the hide. My biggest lesson learned from guns and optics...Cry once not twice. Don't settle for less than you want. My $.02

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sig716shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got it used for little over $1400. </div></div>

Man, I would love to find one for that price.
I have a SWFA SS 1-6 on order for the eventual day I get a 716.