• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Here piggie piggie!

58blackflag

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 30, 2012
SC
I bagged my first feral pig yesterday! I've hunted this property for a few years and many others I hunt with have seen/taken pigs but this is my first!
1zoj1jt.jpg

I used my brand new custom .260 Remington built by Russell Banks at Scout Supply Company (his handle here is"SSC"). This was the first time taking the .260 in the stand so I guess she must be lucky! I used a 142 Sierra Match King over 44.5 grains of H4350 in a Lapua case. Here is my lucky girl!
20ii2zb.jpg

Re: Here piggie piggie!

Nice! Would love to have somthing to hunt all year round but don't need them up this way. Good job

Nice pig. Plan on eating it or just exterminating them? Either way they are worth killing in my opinion.

Had it been a bit smaller/younger I would have probably kept it to eat but I chose not to keep this one. They are quite a nuisance, eating all the planted area meant for deer as well as the corn we put out so our general rule is to shoot them if a good shot can be made.

I did get an exit wound. I shot her as she was broadside to me in the neck at around 85 yards. I was surprised at the size of the exit hole. It was probably about the size of a plum. I normally would not choose to use a SMK to hunt with but this is not a dedicated hunting rifle, more of a long-range target gun. I was only using it because my hunting rig is currently with the Smith at Scout Supply getting some work done.
Thanks everyone for checking it out!