• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Here we go again...VA is screwing private citizens. Thanks !!

Not debating the legality of it but in Virginia, game wardens do have certain powers, like to search your truck if they thin you've taken illegal game. It does seem they did a LOT of overstepping in this case. This one was decided in Henrico County (Richmond) which is one of the few blue areas of the state.

FJB

I grew up with a bunch of guys that made it a hobby to be very creative in their compliance to hunting laws. I remember as a kid they all claimed that a game warden could walk right into your house and search anywhere including your chest freezer. There was a lot of cat and mouse games between game wardens and hunters/poachers up here. There is an old legend of an overzealous game warden that was given an enema with a 10" perch and left for dead; not sure if true or not. Went in ok but coming back out was a different story. Also, at least here in MN, if you're busted poaching you will forfeit any gun and motor vehicle used in commission of crime. They also place deer decoys and watch them and bust people who shoot at them outside of season or shooting hours. One kid I knew drove his Ford pickup into one of those decoys at high speed and they charged him with malicious destruction of state property.

Have heard that same story about the game warden. Do a lot of hunting and fishing in northern MN. Plenty of douche bag game wardens up there.

Several decades ago, my uncle took a hunting trip to Colorado. It was a yearly event for him and his friends, back when you could get tags more easily than today. Anyway, that year there were 4 or 5 of them hunting. The biggest proponent of illegal hunting practices in the group was the Texas game warden they had with them... 🤦‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
The landowner should sue the individual wardens who trespassed. For everything they have. Suing the state agency is just making yourself pay for the lawsuit.

The landowner should sue the individual wardens who trespassed. For everything they have. Suing the state agency is just making yourself pay for the lawsuit.
Something, something, something, qualified immunity...

• Haha
Reactions: ken226 and Maggot
I can see this happening in Henrico County. Probably not a good idea in places like Wise, Tazewell, Dickenson, etc. Counties. As a general rule,
most state LE types should know to mind their P's and Q's anywhere west of I-81. Still a lot of folks go missing out there.

It’s not just Virginia, fish and game officer don’t need warrants in Washington either….. in fact I don’t know a State where they do…….
Pretty sure they don't need one in any state, but they are supposed to be looking for stuff within their purview only and not just randomly abusing their authority.... of course we know how that goes...

I can see this happening in Henrico County. Probably not a good idea in places like Wise, Tazewell, Dickenson, etc. Counties. As a general rule,
most state LE types should know to mind their P's and Q's anywhere west of I-81. Still a lot of folks go missing out there.
Grew up in those area in the 50's/60's. For God's same dont go near his still....or today reefer patch. A good way to "Where's Bill?"

Reactions: kindabitey
Years ago a warden in my county spotted an orange clad hunter in a tree stand. He took it up on himself to drive thru the barnlot, open the gate, and drive down to the hunter to check his license.

The farmer happened to be in the barn and padlocked the gate. He then waited. The warden retuned and demanded he unlock the gate. Farmer said he would, but it would cost the warden a hundred bucks. The infuriated warden radioed the state headquarters for advice. Headquarters radioed back and said pay the man. The warden did not have a choice except to pull out his wallet.

Several years back, a cousin of mine was deer hunting on his own land. It was a warm afternoon, so he'd hung his coat on a hook inside his blind.

A fish cop happed to drive by and see a rifle barrel sticking out of the window of his blind, and decide to drive across the field to check his license. Cousin got out of his blind to find out WTF this asshole who had just drove across his field wanted.

Cousin had his license in his wallet, so the fish cop wrote him a ticket for not wearing orange, since his orange coat was hanging up in his blind. :mad:

Had it been me, I can't honestly say I'd have left my rifle in the blind while I got out to talk to that fucker.

My farm borders a state park where no hunting is allowed. I routinely get wardens trespassing even though I have signs up everywhere. Had one insist I was hunting on state park land and write me a ticket. I had to take my freaking survey into court to prove otherwise

Game wardens don't need a warrant. 🤣🤣🤣 This thing called reasonable suspicion. It's the only one that doesn't need a warrant. Or when they say "mind if I have a look" and you say "yes."

This occured in the northeast corner of my county where there is lots of big timber and very few roads. The people there were just like the rest of us. Reserved and just wanting to be left alone. Sometimes we were referred to as dumb country folk. Hillbillies.

Every deer season wardens from different counties would team up and work places where their faces weren't recognized. They would wear flannel shirts and blue jeans while driving the back roads in a beat up car looking to generate revenue. It was called saturation.

It just so happened a couple of these wardens were cruising slowly down the road when they spotted a fellow dragging a doe towards the road. It was bucks only season. They got out and approached the man, but before they could say anything he asked for help getting the deer through the fence. The wardens obliged. When it was completed the man thanked both of them and stated he had another doe just down over the hill in the timber. He was wondering if they would remain there and help him get that deer through the fence too. The wardens smelled more money and agreed. The man drifted down over the hill. He never returned. I reckon we hillbillies aren't as dumb as some people believe.

There was a fish cop in NC. If he found that someone had more fish than allowed or a fish that was too small he would confiscate their gear and their fish and issue a citation.
At Christmas he gave out nice rod and reels as presents to his buddies. His family ate the fish he confiscated.
He didn't do much with the hunting side of things, only fishing.
I figure he knew if had tried that shit in the woods he never would have come out.