• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes here we go again

speerchucker

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2014
AUSSIE
scope help.

gday all and yes i have used the search function and all i got was confused haha i was going to ask which scope out of two that i was considering

but that's to much like a poll .

now $2000 is my budget and the number one requirement is dial up repeatability and then glass , i have a vortex and that was my second mistake

the first was not asking here first , power range , the bottom range is not a prob and at the top i would like around 24x as this scope is for long range..

cheers Darren

When you say Vortex was your second mistake , you bought the Razor 5-20 and you're not happy with it?

here we go again

You don't need high magnification for long range.

And you probably want durability as your #2 requirement, not glass quality (whatever you may mean by glass quality).

If I lived in Australia I would get a NF F1 3.5-15x50 Mil/MLR2.

If you want just a hunting scope, don't need FFP and can't live with a 15x top end, get a NF 5-22.

nope i bought a viper HSLR 6-24x50 FFP if you try and use it above 16x it white's out like it's fogged up .
id send that back, i have the same scope and constantly shoot at 20-24x. OR, just throwing it out there, you know the eye relief changes at magnification? If you set you scope at 6x and crank it up to 24 it will require that your face be closer. not much, but enough to cause whiteout if you don't move your head slightly forward. Im not the dude to tell others NOT to buy a NF :), but it may just be a simple set up thing and you can use that 2k for other cool shit.

I'd contact Vortex right away and let them know you're not happy with your scope.

Then, I'd try to trade in that model for full credit towards a Razor 5-20x50. Then you don't have to go through the hassle of selling yours, especially if it has a known cloudiness problem. In the under $2k scope lineup, the Razors are among the best available options. Either way, Vortex will make it right for you.

nope i bought a viper HSLR 6-24x50 FFP if you try and use it above 16x it white's out like it's fogged up .

That is quality control issue with the scope , it's not typical of Vortex scopes. As has been suggested you can return it and up grade to a Razor 5-20
and you can get credit on your return.

id send that back, i have the same scope and constantly shoot at 20-24x. OR, just throwing it out there, you know the eye relief changes at magnification? If you set you scope at 6x and crank it up to 24 it will require that your face be closer. not much, but enough to cause whiteout if you don't move your head slightly forward. Im not the dude to tell others NOT to buy a NF :), but it may just be a simple set up thing and you can use that 2k for other cool shit.

I'd contact Vortex right away and let them know you're not happy with your scope.

Then, I'd try to trade in that model for full credit towards a Razor 5-20x50. Then you don't have to go through the hassle of selling yours, especially if it has a known cloudiness problem. In the under $2k scope lineup, the Razors are among the best available options. Either way, Vortex will make it right for you.

That is quality control issue with the scope , it's not typical of Vortex scopes. As has been suggested you can return it and up grade to a Razor 5-20
and you can get credit on your return.

think i will take it back .

i have seen on some forums that it is an issue with this particular model . the scope tracks real good if not for the problem i would be a happy camper

cheers D