• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Here's your chance to get a Walther WA 2000

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    Coming to Rock Island Auction Company December Premier Auction. Walther WA 2000. This will probably go for 10 to 20K, why I don't know.

1600105764493.png

Well James Bond did use it that one time...

But yeah, $20K is probably a low estimate.

What the flying patooty poops is that? I don't have a suit and tie expensive enough for that goofy thing. Is that designed to fit in the trunk of a Ferrari?

What the flying patooty poops is that? I don't have a suit and tie expensive enough for that goofy thing. Is that designed to fit in the trunk of a Ferrari?
    Fancy-schmancy German bullpup 300 Win Mag sniper/target rifle designed for police use after the '72 Munich Olympics terrorist incident. Only 176 were made because they were expensive as hell to produce, and were only briefly used by German police but not adopted by anyone else because A. they cost a fuckload and B. they turned out to be too fragile for rough use.

Price is driven by supply demand curve, iirc there were only 176 made.

$20,000 in today's dollars would be close in value to the final 1988 price of $9000.

A few years ago there were two of these listed for $75,000 each, but I can't find the results of that auction.

About as retrosexy as possible!
    Had a chance to buy one a couple years back - these baby’s show up more frequently here in EU, missed it, and I hate myself for it.

• Wow
    Reactions: acudaowner
    what a dream gun to add to the collection , I better keep dreaming at that price but boy it is pretty ..
    it would fit right in between the h&k 91 and the h&k psg 1 also still missing from my collection

Reactions: AMGtuned
    I understand that the second model, which had an unfluted barrel was more accurate.
    That's a second variation in the pic. It's apparently more accurate but I think it's uglier than the first variation.

Fancy-schmancy German bullpup 300 Win Mag sniper/target rifle designed for police use after the '72 Munich Olympics terrorist incident. Only 176 were made because they were expensive as hell to produce, and were only briefly used by German police but not adopted by anyone else because A. they cost a fuckload and B. they turned out to be too fragile for rough use.
    Don't forget, they barely fit out of a great big window let alone a regular window. Probably not a small one. In spite of the fact it'a bullpup design, they are so damn bulky!

Don't forget, they barely fit out of a great big window let alone a regular window. Probably not a small one. In spite of the fact it'a bullpup design, they are so damn bulky!
    Never seen nor held one in person so I wouldn't know, but they are really boxy and bulky-looking. And while I approve of that Germanic robustness in their castles and some of their small arms, the WA2000 doesn't have that robustness despite its bulk.

• Haha
    Reactions: sandwarrior
    Never seen nor held one in person so I wouldn't know, but they are really boxy and bulky-looking. And while I approve of that Germanic robustness in their castles and some of their small arms, the WA2000 doesn't have that robustness despite its bulk.

When you want to butt stroke someone with a Buick... use a Walther WA2000...

I’m sure they would. But the Olympic Games don’t lie 😉
    I would actually love to see a medal count and rifle used, last one I saw was biathlon and Anschutz ran away with that one. Do you know of one for summer games?

ETA... Are there even any other manufacturers in the games, well besides the Russians

I would actually love to see a medal count and rifle used, last one I saw was biathlon and Anschutz ran away with that one. Do you know of one for summer games?

ETA... Are there even any other manufacturers in the games, well besides the Russians
    From my conversations with actual competitors, the KK500 and KK300 are much more prevalent and considered a step above Anschutz. I don’t think Walther makes a dedicated biathlon rifle...
    As far as other competitors, you have Grunig & Elmiger, Bleiker(would love to have one one day!), and obviously many customs... realistically I’m sure they’re all close enough that it’s like splitting hairs..

10-20K my ass, there was one on GB a year ago for 45K and it sold, i suspect 75-100K

• Haha
    The WA2000 is a Phenomenal and super accurate rifle. One of the post said it was fragile! Not at all !!! The last one sold at Rock Island auction for almost $100,000 in 308. The desirable caliber is 300 Winchester magnum

What's REALLY fascinating is the history and the how and why of the Germans decision to do and design the things they did in that time period. Sitting just south of they're border was the answer and yet they refused along with other well regarded choices.

What's REALLY fascinating is the history and the how and why of the Germans decision to do and design the things they did in that time period. Sitting just south of they're border was the answer and yet they refused along with other well regarded choices.
    Curious what you're referring to as the answer south of their border, and other well regarded choices.

Reactions: tangloppen
    The steyr ssg 69 of course. Edit to add that unless it's made in Germany they don't seem to want it?

The steyr ssg 69 of course. Edit to add that unless it's made [domestically] they don't seem to want it?
    Historically, the above has been true of all militaries with sufficient domestic industrial infrastructure.

Reactions: camocorvette
    The steyr ssg 69 of course. Edit to add that unless it's made in Germany they don't seem to want it?

Walther also made a bolt action sniper as an alternative at the time, the Walther JR Sniper in 308win.

I knew the then Walther importer in Norway in the 70/80'ies well and was offered a WA2000 in all calibers, 308, 7,5x55 and 300winmag, for app $3000 at the time. I had just finished school, military service and had just started in my first proper job. I could simply not afford the rifle. But, I bought the Walther JR. I sold the JR to a shooting buddy amost immediatly and he still has it in his safe collecting dust with less than 500 round through the barrel. I think the (long)action is made by Keppeler.
    The Walther trigger is terrible and the bolt can be locked in the closed position by pushing the bolt knob in to the bolt. Not a good feature to have in an action if you want fast follow up shots.. I quickly deleted this feature on mine. I've also seen this rifle chambered in 7x64.

A few Walther JRs were issued in some German police units and I think a few of these rifles has been offered for sale as surplus in recent years.

Here's a picture of the JR from a shop in Germany:

1663705399513.png

The scope is 2.75-10x45

1663703766486.png

Date code november 1977:
    1663704931752.png

Last edited:
    Earles Repair in Tewksbury Mass. had a couple of the WA2000’s in stock years ago, and still shows them on their website

Don’t forget the buyers premium RIA charges and the seller is on the hook too. Both ends cough up an additional 20% of the winning bid price. So if it brings $75K, RIA collects a total of $30K from seller and buyer. ($15Kea)