• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report "Here's your sign" A little fun at the range

Jeff in TX

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2004
McKinney, TX
My son called me laughing his rear end off after leaving range the other day shooting his .270 win. He said the guy next to him was fixated on watching him shoot and kept staring at his shot brass. He was shooting reloads and some of his cases were .270, 25-06 and 30-06 brass all neck up/down and sized for a .270. The fellow finally said, wow what kind of gun do you shoot? My son replied a Rem 700. Yeah I see that, but I've never seen a gun that shoots 3 different calibers. My son couldn't resist he said it was their new multi-purpose model! Before he knew it the guy brought over 3 other shooters and they were all amazed and one said I want one of those, imagine the versatility. The other guy in the next shooting stall was giggling and kept saying "Here's your sign"! After a few minutes the other guy said, "you gonna tell them or do I have too"! My son said do I have too? He caved and told the other shooters it was just a .270 win and brass for the 3 rounds is the same when you size them correctly.

He said dad, could you imagine the calls Remington would have gotten had I not told them. A little later he sent me a text that said "Here's your sign...LOL!"

Oh my, that is scary. I'm a machinist, and a couple of weeks ago we had a guy asking if we had any magnets(for the overhead crane), that he could use to load some Aluminum blocks into his machine with. I just stared at him and blinked. WTF.

Oh my, that is scary. I'm a machinist, and a couple of weeks ago we had a guy asking if we had any magnets(for the overhead crane), that he could use to load some Aluminum blocks into his machine with. I just stared at him and blinked. WTF.

The stupid is strong with that fellow.

To be fair you can actually move aluminum with a strong magnetic field but not in the way he intended.