• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hey pmc! M39-2

Sorry for the late reply. Didnt know your post was out there. Use the @ symbol and handle to call me in if its anything pressing.

Looks like a clean gun.

Not a bad price.

They are the nicest feeling pistol in the hand. The double/single trigger kind of screws with me now but it can be trained. I just dont shoot mine enough.

As far as nines go it suffers from lack of capacity but unless you are a war fighter how many shots do you need on board to miss with.

Try a PM to the seller and see if he'd go $495 right now. Its kind of oiled up, hope he is not trying to hide some wear, if you can get that for under $600 I dont think you will be hurt. You have to have desire though $600 is a lot for what it is when you can go plastic fantastic for less with more rounds.

I bought a Model 19 out of the PX this past week. I learned something about the cost of pistol shipping. Is shipping a pistol really that much more than a rifle?

Last edited:
PS @sirhrmechanic has a friend that is a fan of the M39.

Inviting him in as he may have a contact for you.

I came across mine at the honey hole.

Looks very nice with box, etc. I sent your link to my friend Dave who owns S&W Forum where the real expertise lays. With a how much and any red flags.

I got one this spring... through a classified on S&W forum. Nickel, just a shooter. This one looks much nicer. I’d expect to see it go for 800 or more with all its accessories, etc. but I will await Dave’s pronouncement.

It may be one too nice to shoot/carry much. But is beautiful enough to use lightly and appreciate. These are getting rare in perfect condition with boxes,etc.

They are beautiful looking, handling and shooting pistols! Go for it!

Sirhr

Sorry for the late reply. Didnt know your post was out there. Use the @ symbol and handle to call me in if its anything pressing.

Looks like a clean gun.

Not a bad price.

They are the nicest feeling pistol in the hand. The double/single trigger kind of screws with me now but it can be trained. I just dont shoot mine enough.

As far as nines go it suffers from lack of capacity but unless you are a war fighter how many shots do you need on board to miss with.

Try a PM to the seller and see if he'd go $495 right now. Its kind of oiled up, hope he is not trying to hide some wear, if you can get that for under $600 I dont think you will be hurt. You have to have desire though $600 is a lot for what it is when you can go plastic fantastic for less with more rounds.

I bought a Model 19 out of the PX this past week. I learned something about the cost of pistol shipping. Is shipping a pistol really that much more than a rifle?
I knew you'd see it. ;)

Steel or aluminum frame? Apparently the steel frames are worth more. My dad has one of those pistols, very nice. I'm not sure if it's a -2 though.

Steel or aluminum frame? Apparently the steel frames are worth more. My dad has one of those pistols, very nice. I'm not sure if it's a -2 though.

Steel frames are pretty rare.

It will be a good buck more.

These were produced for the trials to replace the 1911 post WWII. Same reason the Commander came about.

I understand S&W got the rights to the P38 post WWII and they share some features - only thing I can se shared might be the magazine - unsure of the veracity on that report.

Its a neat gun for its era but it was never loved because of the double/single trigger.

Some police depts adopted it but even today depts are wary of double/single semis.

See the "ASP" version of the Model 39 while researching around.

Someone on the CMP forms found one a week or so ago and posted a thread asking "Whats this?"

Neat pistol.

Hopefully I'll inherit it someday. It is a very nice pistol.

Not any time soon though.

There were some penny auctions on there, be interesting to see where actual sales complete at.

My example was first I saw and it was high.

Nice.

Picked up some new to me S&W today.......post to follow.

My dad had both a 39 and a 59.
The major problem was the slide mounted safety, otherwise, really nice pistols.