• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hi-cap mags for 10/22s

RH4540

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I have a couple of old, Eagle 30 round mags for my 10/22 that have metal lips on them, and are like the energizer bunnie, they keep running and running.

I have a bunch of old, Ramline 50 round mags, that when I bought them had a "lifetime" warranty, but, when I sent them to the address listed on my original packages, were returned, because they apparently moved. They always seem to crack, up by the top, or, the feed lips actually erode away.

I've heard nothing but good things about the "Black Dog" magazines, but, when I looked at them on Midway's website, they are listed as having plastic feed lips. I would have thought that for $60, they would have had metal feed lips.

Has anybody put a substantial amount of ammo through one of the Black Dog, 50 round drums to see how it would hold up??

Re: Hi-cap mags for 10/22s

I cant comment on the black dog mags but Tactical Innovations makes some high quality mags.

There is also a company out there that make a total alum. 30 round mag (30 or 25 can't remember) looks just like the butler mag but all alum. Can't remember who they are but there pricey. I'll look and see if I can find them.

According to BlackDogMachine they haven't had ANY problems with their "bulletproof plastic" and 10-22's. I know I have 1000+ rounds through my 50rd drum for my AR-15 22LR upper/PLR22 and haven't had a single jam or problem.

If you end up wanting to try out drums let me know.