• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hi from Greenville SC!

Cplski7242

Private
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2013
Greenville, SC
Hi everyone,

My name is Mike, I am a former Marine corporal in Greenville SC. I was medically separated last year after 4 years and 1 month of service (depending upon what day you ask me you could read that as servitude lol) Anyway, before I enlisted I guess you could say I was light hobbyist when it comes to the sport. Unfortunately when I was looking for a job when I returned home with my wife many of my things needed to be sold to make ends meet ( Motorcycle, Rifle, Tools). We have since gotten back on our feet and I am ready to get started back enjoying some time at the range and doing some competitions.

I look forward to getting to know you guys, and learning all I can from you.

Thanks!

Curious too see if there is a precision rifle "scene" so to speak anywhere near me? I see some competions in NC and a bunch of guys in GA. Then there is a blank as far as i can see here in SC.

There's a 300yd range at the Greenville Gun Club, but you'll need to go down to GA for anything significantly longer. There are a several guys on the hide that have intermittent access to private land that allows longer ranges, so keep an eye out in the Member Link-Up section. If you're looking for a competition schedule, check out the GGC's high-power match (call ahead, they haven't updated their website in a year), or the links below. Feel free to PM me if you need additional detail:

Page Title (Greenville match, but not sure if it's still scheduled)

RBGC (Atlanta area)

GUN SITE HILLS 800 yd RIFLE RANGE (800M range in NE GA)

North State Shooting Club (Butner, NC)

I would strongly recommend against trying to shoot at a public (DNR) range, unless you want every yahoo standing over your shoulder trying to talk about their new toy, and a DNR officer walking past every 2mins ensuring you've taken the bolt completely out of your rifle before taking it out of your shoulder (no joke).

It's a drive but there is Carolina star in Windsor and ft Gordon in Augusta GA.
Carolina Star 500 yds
Ft Gordon 960 yds
I'm in Warrenville. About thirty min from ft Gordon.

There are some of us around, a couple around Florence and a some in the Myrtle Beach area. Someone's shooting at Turtlesniper's place fairly frequently.