• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hi from UK1

UK1

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2021
UK
I've been shooting since I was about 11 or 12, now I'm significantly older than that !
I was prompted to join your forum after researching barrel tuning and finding the Without Warning Youtube postings.
I value the opinions of genuine shooters so be prepared for some questions.
I shoot a number of firearms but the barrel tuning is destined for my Sako 85 6.5x55 Grey Wolf.

Reactions: Athos300
welcome from long beach

Thanks, I suspect being from the UK I am in the minority.
yes, but there are quite a few members from across the pond. glad you are able to shoot (i used to live near hereford in the 90s.)

yes, but there are quite a few members from across the pond. glad you are able to shoot (i used to live near hereford in the 90s.)
Oddly I have a cousin who lives in the Hereford area.
After living in the UK you will appreciate the difficulty in being granted ( and keeping )a Section 1 for the possession of firearms. I spoke to my Police firearms section only yesterday and we established they will need to add permission to my S1 just to purchase a muzzle brake barrel tuner !! You guys in the US of A have got it so much easier. :)

Oddly I have a cousin who lives in the Hereford area.
After living in the UK you will appreciate the difficulty in being granted ( and keeping )a Section 1 for the possession of firearms. I spoke to my Police firearms section only yesterday and we established they will need to add permission to my S1 just to purchase a muzzle brake barrel tuner !! You guys in the US of A have got it so much easier. :)

Greetings from Yorkshire! Off topic somewhat but your FLD are wrong - only flash hiders are covered under the 1968 Firearms Act, not muzzle brakes!

Greetings from Yorkshire! Off topic somewhat but your FLD are wrong - only flash hiders are covered under the 1968 Firearms Act, not muzzle brakes!
Thanks Dr S, my wife's family are from Yorkshire !
I am not surprised in the least re the FLD, I had a 20 minute conversation about barrel tuning, harmonics and pressure waves with the guy in firearms - who had never heard of the dark science.

Hello from Sussex. Never heard of needing a slot for a brake before. Perhaps they’re getting confused with moderators. Anyway, welcome to the Hide and may I congratulate you on choosing a fine calibre!

Hello from Sussex. Never heard of needing a slot for a brake before. Perhaps they’re getting confused with moderators. Anyway, welcome to the Hide and may I congratulate you on choosing a fine calibre!
Thanks Athos, the 6.5 does have a moderator and I have two variations for replacement mods on the 6.5 and 0.22. I am obviously the first S1 holder in the county to ask about a muzzle brake/tuner purchase. Before the phone call I was more concerned about it being stop at UK Customs, presuming BJ at Without Warning will send me one.

Thanks Dr S, my wife's family are from Yorkshire !
I am not surprised in the least re the FLD, I had a 20 minute conversation about barrel tuning, harmonics and pressure waves with the guy in firearms - who had never heard of the dark science.
Small world!

Thanks Athos, the 6.5 does have a moderator and I have two variations for replacement mods on the 6.5 and 0.22. I am obviously the first S1 holder in the county to ask about a muzzle brake/tuner purchase. Before the phone call I was more concerned about it being stop at UK Customs, presuming BJ at Without Warning will send me one.

I think you might be over-complicating it! I suspect the FLD don't really understand what you're asking about and are erring on the side of caution. You don't need a licence for one so shouldn't need to talk to them about it again!

Small world!

I think you might be over-complicating it! I suspect the FLD don't really understand what you're asking about and are erring on the side of caution. You don't need a licence for one so shouldn't need to talk to them about it again!
I wouldn't argue with that but as you know there is a fine line between being seen to comply with the legal regs and maybe stirring up unnecessary debate.

Welcome, From the UK originally, also the Hereford / Worcester area now been living in the USA the past 7 years.

DO NOT miss uneducated "liaison" officers who don't shoot, and cannot be bothered to learn the law they are meant to assist in licensing.........Oklahoma however, is way different

welcome from delaware
Welcome, From the UK originally, also the Hereford / Worcester area now been living in the USA the past 7 years.

DO NOT miss uneducated "liaison" officers who don't shoot, and cannot be bothered to learn the law they are meant to assist in licensing.........Oklahoma however, is way different
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Agreed TK, taking folks at face value is not usually a wise move.